CPU
i7 6700k
Graphics
gtx 980
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Alright, I recently built my second Hack about a week ago and it's been running great. However, I've had a hard time getting my 6850 working, even after following as many guides as I could stumble across. To no avail, I thought I'd turn around and ask around here for my answer.

The version of my card is the XFX 6850 ZCFC --> http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814150573

There are two versions of this card, using the same interface and connectors, except the minor difference in board parameters and bios chips. The other version of this card (ZHFC), is supported natively by ML 10.8.2, while the ZCFC (my model) displays a purple line across the screen while booting into ML. My card is detected in Chimera as it should be, showing 4 ports and the correct attributes, however, it fails to reach the login screen. Changing GraphicsEnabler and also all of the AtiConfigs didn't help either, as all returned the same result.

I've tried flashing the bios to the 6870 ZHFC (supported natively), which is supported OOB by ML 10.8.2, but that messed up my card, and I had to basically black screen by memory into the ATIFlash tool, and redo my commands. But to get to the point, is there any chance that support can be added for my current model? According to this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/chimera-feature-requests/51607-add-support-xfx-6850-zcfc.html the user jzhang19 tried re-compiling ati.c, but had no luck with the ZCFC model, until he flashed the 6870 bios rom which screwed up my card.

Any information would be greatly appreciated. Unfortunately, I have two of the same model cards, so I kinda bit the dust on loading up my new Hack with a fully functional card. :thumbdown:

Those cards will work fine with GraphicsEnabler=no if you are using Snow Leopard.
I have one.
I am using 64bit Snow Leopard which in my view is a better OS than Lion which feels a tad like Apples equivalent of Vista ( I am SO going to pay for that remark).
I have two screens attached ( they work).
The only downside is that you can not run Apples own DVD Player program ( use VLC, problem solved).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back