Contribute
Register

Support DSDT GA-P55A-UD3

Status
Not open for further replies.
If I'm using a 8800GT will it be beneficial for me to edit my dsdt to include the specific model? Will it give me a performance boost?

jinky said:
Here are the files for 250,9500 video card. This dstd included speedstep, video, sleep,sound. Bios F6. Rename the file to DSDT.aml

Just to confirm - you added sound to the DSDT as well? Does this mean I also need to remove the HDA kext from my /Extra folder once I replace the DSDT file with my edited version of yours?

ne0shell said:
Just to confirm - you added sound to the DSDT as well? Does this mean I also need to remove the HDA kext from my /Extra folder once I replace the DSDT file with my edited version of yours?

Just read http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/12/ ... n-p55.html

Good luck.. :crazy:

There is no benefit to update the Graphic Card. It is only limited less kext and helpful when update SL revision 10.6.x.x. no worry NVEnable.kext.

hoovercjl24 said:
I feel like im so close.

Here are my PCI Device IDS

PEG1

DevicePath = PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x3,0x0)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

PEG2

DevicePath = PciRoot(0x1)/Pci(0x1c,0x4)/Pci(0x0,0x0)

I have also uploaded my DSDT. When booted from PEG(1), the graphics card works great but the 2nd one wont kick one. When booted from PEG2, i get kernal panic. :banghead:

:lol: Wow! dual VD.. I don't have money left to buy second card. All money is donated to SSD HD. :shh: ... Not sure how is work.. But there is a thread someone is successful edit it. I will look over your DSDT see any learning curve advantage. If you are ready successful, post up here to share.

Good luck.. I run or Tony will check me out. :)

I move my smbios.plist. So i know what i am doing up here. Also, easy to share my build.

CPU I5 and Memory show in profile.
Oop! i forgot I added string SMUUID is base on my machine. You guy need change it same as SMcputype if you have I7.

Attachments

• smbios.plist
    884 bytes · Views: 209
sleep still doesnt work for me. computer shuts down instead.

Hey you guys, I have the same motherboard (ignore the sig at bottom hasn't updated yet)
but when I run gigabeast for GA-P55A-UD3 I get no sound, looks like everything else works as far as I can tell. What should I do to get sound working?
GA-P55A-UD3 | i7 860 | ATi 4870 | 4g gskill ddr1600 | Seagate barracuda 1TB 7200 rpm |
thanks in advance
p.s. I have no clue how to edit a DSDT file o_O

duktape said:
sleep still doesnt work for me. computer shuts down instead.

Using the DSDT in database and following the guide in Tony and remember setup power saving in preferences.

spacetoilet said:
Hey you guys, I have the same motherboard (ignore the sig at bottom hasn't updated yet)
but when I run gigabeast for GA-P55A-UD3 I get no sound, looks like everything else works as far as I can tell. What should I do to get sound working?
GA-P55A-UD3 | i7 860 | ATi 4870 | 4g gskill ddr1600 | Seagate barracuda 1TB 7200 rpm |
thanks in advance
p.s. I have no clue how to edit a DSDT file o_O

Using this thread viewtopic.php?f=16&t=1053&start=10
easy setup. Following the guide. Also, plug your speaker to Black port not green. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back