Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Supermicro X8DTH-6F
CPU
2x Xeon E5645
Graphics
GTX 960 2GB SSC
Hi to all !

First I would like to thank you guys for the great community and perfect source of information.

And now my awkward problem.

After a lot of struggle i've finally manage to turn this server mobo into great and powerful macpro rig. It runs sierra 10.12.12 with no errors but there is one strange catch.

This mobo has 7 pcie slots, but only first - bottom three actually works !? dpcimanager don't recognise any of the pcie cards inserted into other / upper 4 pcie slots. (pretty sure that bios settings are correct, and these cards works witouth any problem under windows)

I'm using dsdt (there's no way to boot macos installation or the system without one)

MGqoSzJ.jpg

** quick example - kt4006 usb 3.0 card (which works oob with 10.12.12) works just fine when is inserted into 3rd pcie slot from the bottom, but doesn't work if it is inserted in any of 4 upper - marked with red - pcie ports.... Basically with this I just want to confirm that the problem is not about pcie cards and specific driver / settings related to them.. it is about slots.

http://www.supermicro.com/products/motherboard/QPI/5500/X8DTH-6F.cfm

Can you give me advice where to start and what i should inspect ?

Thank you !

Last edited:
Hi there,
First of all: congrats ! I am still way behind. I have some experience with other single cpu cards from Asus and Gigabyte - so my new "test" is now a X8DTH-6F...
I experienced at least something similar. Putting a GPU in one of the upper slots won't work. Putting it in the lower one gives me a boot screen (fine enought) but I get stuck with USB problems.
How did you get the installation done? Which DSDT are you using? Did you have to update the Bios?. Is the setup CLover based. I would love to hear more from you about your setup.

regards

Schlomo

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back