1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 128K
  2. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hey Guys,
So I got a pretty bawler server from work that we are not using anymore. It has a SuperMicro X10DRH-i Rev 1.01 board. Has any had any luck with the X10 series? Ive "sorta" got it too boot a few times but not consistent or stable (UniBeast Stick). Ive seen others have got SuperMicro to work, but not any I've seen in the X10 family. Cheers!

What I have always done with super micro servers is start with one cpu and one stick of memory. Also turning every option in the bios OFF. Since its a server, your bios / refi has options for c-states and all, at least I think..it was like that for the 1366 boards. Turn everything off, and start drastically simple.

Keep us posted! I'm interested in the progress.

What I have always done with super micro servers is start with one cpu and one stick of memory. Also turning every option in the bios OFF. Since its a server, your bios / refi has options for c-states and all, at least I think..it was like that for the 1366 boards. Turn everything off, and start drastically simple.

Keep us posted! I'm interested in the progress.

When you say every options you mean like...everything? There are *many* pages :3 Also, did you try UEFI or Legacy?

On the 1366 there was no UEFI option, so I only had legacy bios.

Pretty much yes as far as turning everything off. Any C-state, cpu timing, fan monitoring, extra data ports, etc..etc..

Unfortunately on a server board, this is the best option. Start with the board like it is a basic everyday board, ...meaning NO server options enabled. This will help getting OS X installed. Once installed, you can then turn on the features one at a time and see what prevents it from booting. Keep notes obviously. This way you also have a defacto guide you can post if you want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back