6. Mac Pro
Classic Mac
  1. Power Mac
  2. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hi guys,

Just thought to give you a heads up.

I was trying to clone my WD Big Sur drive out last night on my B550 Vision D build (to test the new 11.4.3 beta), when I found to my surprise the drive had problems cloning. So with a bit of searching online, it lead me to this thread on Apple > https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252035689

I did not realise that Superduper could not clone Big Sur! I find it strange because it was working just fine with Catalina. FYI I have been using Superduper for years both on my Hackintosh and original Mac setups, going back to the very first version in 2004, so this is a huge disappointment. The only workaround is now said to be either to use Time Machine or use Carbon Copy Cloner (which does work according to the thread).

Hi guys,

I was trying to clone my WD Big Sur drive out last night on my B550 Vision D build (to test the new 11.4.3 beta), when I found to my surprise the drive had problems cloning. So with a bit of searching online, it lead me to this thread on Apple > https://discussions.apple.com/thread/252035689

I did not realise that Superduper could not clone Big Sur! I find it strange because it was working just fine with Catalina. FYI I have been using Superduper for years both on my Hackintosh and original Mac setups, going back to the very first version in 2004, so this is a huge disappointment. The only workaround is now said to be either to use Time Machine or use Carbon Copy Cloner (which does work according to the thread).
I have known that for a while. I have been using SuperDuper since the days of Snow Leopard and this was one of the reasons I stayed away from Big Sur (together with the fact that there are no standalone OS updaters) :

Carbon Copy Cloner works fine.

Hi guys,

The next version of SuperDuper, 3.5 (currently in beta testing), supposedly does support cloning of Big Sur :

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back