Contribute
Register

Supercharged G4 Cube Mod: i5, GTX 750Ti and 3TB 3.5” HD in a cube!

Status
Not open for further replies.
You sir take the prize for one of the best builds in history. Maybe even the best. I wonder how big a gpu you could actually get in there... would it go to a gtx 760 do you think?

You sir take the prize for one of the best builds in history. Maybe even the best. I wonder how big a gpu you could actually get in there... would it go to a gtx 760 do you think?

Heh, thanks. I appreciate your feedback.

A regular GTX 760 wouldn't fit. But with some effort you could add this one: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814127772 The problem would then be the PSU. The pico I used maxes at 200W, and that is ok for a Maxwell card, but not a 760. There are some 1U PSUs that can give you 450W and that could fit, but then you'd have to sacrifice the 3.5 drive and probably the optical too. But it's doable.

That could be a nice challenge for a future G4 modder. Anybody up to the task? :)

Well you could always drop the 3.5" to a 2.5" SSD which would be faster anyways and use the bigger psu or yh use the smallest/most powerful maxwell you can find.

I would take up the task if it was not for A. I'm broke and paying back money for a macbook, and B. I really don't think I have the skills to pull off something like this :p

Absolutely incredible work.

wow man thats awsome!!!!!:headbang:

Great mod! I just had a question? For the parts that were assembled elsewhere, like the acrylic put-together setup, did they laser cut that, or does anyone know if it'd be possible to do with a 3D Printer?

Awesome cube mod, basically you halfway built a new one from scratch!

A 760 ti should be possible to get to run inside the 200W power envelope. I have a AMD HD7850 running off a Pico160xt and Dell DA-2, and thats rock stable. My CPU should draw a little bit more than this one (Xeon E3 1230v2) too.

I'd go for undervolting at stock speeds in any case. But i am unsure if this can be done vis the card BIOS for nVidias, or if there is a way to do it in software under OSX.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back