CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Sorry to keep making new threads, again this is my first experience with Hackintosh. After a lot of kernel panics and errors I finally got Snow Leopard up & running but I'm having super slow boot times. It takes around 1:40 to fully boot into Snow Leopard (no joke) which is ridiculous. I know this can't be right because I'm running an Intel i7 2600k (Quad) w/12gb of ram. Here are my specs...

Gigabyte Z68XP-UD3
AMD Radeon HD 6670
Intel Core i7 2600K

Could this be a wrong kext? kext missing? I haven't installed a user DSDT yet either (easybeast only). Audio is working great, still haven't found an ethernet fix which isn't a big deal. I was just curious if anyone has encountered this problem before. Shutdown time on the other hand is SUPER fast (1sec.)

Hopefully you can read this... it's hanging on most of the family kexts for some reason:

hackintoshhang.jpg

I tried installing the "IOUSBFamily Rollback" and "IOPCIFamily Fix" under Misc. in Multibeast but that didn't help. Thoughts?

The verbose boot screen mentioned AppleCPUPowerManagement.kext, sooo... you could try installing NullCPUPowerManagement in Multibeast (located under Drivers->Kexts->Miscellaneous). I've never encountered this problem before, so I can't guarantee that this will work. But whatever.

TheSmartGuy said:
The verbose boot screen mentioned AppleCPUPowerManagement.kext, sooo... you could try installing NullCPUPowerManagement in Multibeast (located under Drivers->Kexts->Miscellaneous). I've never encountered this problem before, so I can't guarantee that this will work. But whatever.
Just tried it... didn't work. Thanks for the reply though.

Now, that you've mentioned it I have a similar problem with mine. I never thought of it as a problem. I've yet to look at verbose mode so I'll take a look when I get home, however once my machine does boot, It's speedy and fast and I have no problems with it. Other than having to unplug and replug in usb keyboard and mouse after resuming from sleep(I never use sleep though).

I'll post back later tonight when I take a look at my machine in verbose.

-J

So Even though I'm not running an nvidia card I see hangups at

NVCLockX
SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload

any ideas?

jrodl123 said:
So Even though I'm not running an nvidia card I see hangups at

NVCLockX
SNB Framebuffer did not show up, unload

any ideas?
Why do you have this kext in e/e? Remove it from e/e. In fact, delete the extra/extension folder and start over adding the bare minimum kexts, and then additional ones, one at a time.

Are you (and JaredWard) booting in 64 bit mode?

I did do the 64 bit boot screen but I know I didn't check any of the nvidia options when ran multibeast. I don't want to screw up my system because everything has been tuning perfect. Can I just delete this Crome /e/e and have no problems?

J

jrodl123 said:
I did do the 64 bit boot screen but I know I didn't check any of the nvidia options when ran multibeast. I don't want to screw up my system because everything has been tuning perfect. Can I just delete this Crome /e/e and have no problems?

J
Sure. If you don't have an Nvidia card, there's no need for it to be in e/e. If you just delete it without running system utility, then it just won't be found during boot. Cleanest way though, is to rerun the system utility to rebuild caches. Run kext utility after you delete the kext. Also, confirm that you are in fact in 64 bit mode by checking in About this Mac ->Software ->64-bit kernel and extensions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back