i5-10500
Graphics
RX 570
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Nowhere else in a new build is it as important to go for high quality and a low price. If you go for low quality/low price it always ends up costing more in the long run. This PSU has a 10 year warranty. How can they do that and not lose money ? They just build PSUs that rarely ever fail. So at $85 for this 550W PSU you can't go wrong here. Another way to look at this is as a long term investment. If you use it for 10 years, at this price it's only costing you $8.50 per year. How many things do you rent or own that cost you more than $8.50 per month, much less one year ?

It's not advisable to open up your PSU to look inside it due to risk of electric shock. If you were to look inside most sub 40-50 dollar ones you'd be shocked by how the manufacturers cut corners to save money. It's worth it to pay a little more up front to avoid catastrophic problems later on.

Screen Shot 3.jpg

https://www.newegg.com/super-flower-leadex-iii-sf-550f14hg-550w/p/1HU-024C-00008

Last edited:
I believe Super Flower is who makes all the EVGA power supplies.

EVGA is usually my second choice for power supplies right behind Seasonic.

PC Power And Cooling is also top notch.

Seasonic and Super Flower are local brands here. I regretted that I didn’t choose one from them.

Here's a very thorough review of a SF Leadex PSU. It's an older review but is still relevant.

I've linked to the summary page but if you have time, read the whole thing.

"Here we have a unit that performs like the best I have ever seen at a price point very few competitors can match. Right now, should any company in the North American market really throw their weight behind this platform (I’m looking at you, EVGA) and go Leadex across the board, well, they’d be on the fast track to market domination. When you only have the likes of Seasonic to really compete with for performance, and yet can beat all their prices, you’ve got it made." Jonyguru

The GOOD:
  • better than excellent stability
  • better than excellent ripple control
  • semi-fanless mode
  • fully modular
  • affordable

Corsair CX550 (grey label)

This brand is overpriced for me...

I'm not a huge fan of Corsair. They use so many different OEM manufacturers, some good and some bad. You really have to do research to know what you are getting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back