Contribute
Register

Suitable graphics card to work with Ableton - GT 640?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z77-DS3H v1.0 (ML)
CPU
i5 3570K
Graphics
NVidia 650Ti Boost
Mac
  1. iMac
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I have successfully built an OSX machine with a Gigabyte Z77-DS3H v1.0 and i5 3750K with HD4000 working. When I install Ableton Live it works fine however when I use either of my Radeon HD 5750 cards Ableton does not start for some reason.

I am looking at mirroring the spec on an imac to get an NVIDIA GT 640 card. I just wondered if I am likely to get the same issues with Ableton if I buy one?

Has anyone got Ableton working with this card?

dont know if you resolved this but i have HD 6870 and it is an OUT OF BOX (GraphicsEnabler=Yes) working type graphics card and it did indeed solve my ableton issues i had just as you once had. But im on the market once again because I'm building an expansion sort of machine using parts from my existing however this will require me to use a new graphics card to either machine... Id love to just find another HD6870 but its discontinued. I have a NVIDIA or whatever their name is phobia so i prefer to stick with ATI Graphics. I know certain cards are now natively supported but I'm assuming the HD 7XXX series products will crash ableton because this is not what Ableton considers full scale graphics support therefore it wont open. This being the case of the And crashes. I might just have to get over my phobia moving forward because looks as if the NVIDIA cards seem to have a lot more plug n play action. It is difficult to handle this challenge because there arent a lot of ableton users on NEW equipment and lacks support. Let me know if you find any new cards that are compatible with 10.8.3 and ABLETON... Ill let you know what I discover as well..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back