3. iBook
  4. iMac
  5. Performa
  6. Power Mac
  7. PowerBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Greetings,

I see many posts in different particular Mac OS version forums in which people who can't get to the installation screen are asking for help. In my case, I posted in the High Sierra forum because that is the version I am trying to install. But aren't the problems preventing reaching the installation screen the same regardless of Mac OS version? Doesn't it have to do with boot flags and drivers and such?

I suggest adding a forum Under Installation for how to reach the installation screen when the installation guide does not work.

Thanks

But aren't the problems preventing reaching the installation screen the same regardless of Mac OS version?

Hi,

Unfortunately that is impossible as each macOS version comes packaged differently and requires either a new driver (kext/UEFI/) or something has to be changed in the boot args or ACPI patches etc.

There are sooo many variables that could change on each new macOS update. Clover needs to be setup for your Motherboard and a universal Clover has 50/50 chance on working 100% without adding any fixes etc.

Thats what makes your question impossible as there will always be new updates.
You will have to post in EG:
High Sierra Desktop Guides (find a guide that is similar to your build.).

Curious/\/\ac

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back