Contribute
Register

Suggestion for rear USB/Audio connections PowerMac G5 (late 2005) (no cutting)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi all, I'm in the middle of planning my G5 Mod (no cutting if possible) and I just found something that might make life a little easier for those who want a no-cutting solution or USB 3.0 rear-jacks.
P1000059.jpg

These are front-panel or rather top panel replacement-connectors for the BitFenix Shinobi/Shinobi Core/Outlaw computer cases.
The good thing about these is that you have USB 3.0 capabilities, USB 2.0, audio-in and audio-out jacks. I don't know if they'll fit the G5 back panel without problems, but it should work with a few modifications. Also you get all the wires and connectors in one neat package.
And it doesn't cost you a fortune. I live in Germany and I've seen them for around 10€ (about 13$), which is a good price, considering some online shops charge you 4€ alone for a single usb 3.0 jack (not including wires!!).

Just wanted to let you guys know, hope I'll save someone some time / frustration :p

I have actually been considering using the same thing but modding it to fit in the front panel of the G5.

See my thread;
http://www.tonymacx86.com/powermac-g5/100636-mancinaa2011s-basic-g5-mod.html

I have been trying to find the dimensions but not even Bitfenix will tell me!

Could you measure it and post it on here for me? so I can see what I would need to do to fit it to the front!

Sorry the late reply, things haven't been going too smooth for me. Unfortunately, right now I have no way of measuring the dimensions. All I have is these two pictures:
628755d1361794613-langzeittagebuch-bitfenix-outlaw-lernt-schwimmen-abgeschlossen-p1000053.jpg 628769d1361796174-langzeittagebuch-bitfenix-outlaw-lernt-schwimmen-abgeschlossen-p1000055.jpg

If I get the chance to measure them, I'll be sure to let you know! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back