Graphics
Gigabyte GTX 660ti
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I had everything on my new dual-boot build set up, all stuff transferred from my iMac, and I had set up Windows 7 earlier. It was all running great aside from a little sleep issue. I was even about to write it up under the successful builds.
So I was setting up Windows, installing drivers, etc. I was installing a program via Steam when the system suddenly lost power.

Now, when plugged in and turned on, the power button on the motherboard glows, but if I push it there is just a brief flash of power (the LEDs on the fans flash) then nothing. If I push it a second time, absolutely nothing happens.

Could someone please suggest a series of steps I could take to track down the problem?

NOTE: When it was running, all parts were recognized accurately and seemed to be operating fine. This is my first build; I have just basic knowledge.

Motherboard : GA-Z77X-UD5H (rev. 1.1), BIOS : F14
GPU : GIGABYTE GTX 660 Ti
CPU : i7-3770K
Memory : Corsair Vengeance, 16GB
Power : Corsair 650 W
Hard Drives : Samsung 840 SSD, 120GB (Mac) / Intel 355 Series SSD, 240GB (Windows)

I had more or less the same thing happen to me where my pc would not turn back on after i had shut it down. I took the side of the case off and noticed that the power button would glow but the led numbers next to it would not light up. I have just come back from getting a new power supply and this issue seems to have been resolved. Although I am having the same issue as many others where shutting down your system shuts down but the computer stays on. I have read some posts on the UEFI settings and will try again possibly to deactivate the "Wake on LAN" setting in Bios.

This was a real pain as sometime the computer would start up and sometimes it wouldnt it was really strange. In the PC store I tried 3 different PSU units which were all sealed and brand new and only one of them worked. The strangest thing was that when they tested my build with an old crappy PSU from 5 years ago it worked no problems.

I hope you can resolve your issues. I imagined there was an issue with power but even the technician said he wasnt sure why it was sporadic on start up using different power supply units. Hmmmmmm.

I had everything on my new dual-boot build set up, all stuff transferred from my iMac, and I had set up Windows 7 earlier. It was all running great aside from a little sleep issue. I was even about to write it up under the successful builds.
So I was setting up Windows, installing drivers, etc. I was installing a program via Steam when the system suddenly lost power.

Now, when plugged in and turned on, the power button on the motherboard glows, but if I push it there is just a brief flash of power (the LEDs on the fans flash) then nothing. If I push it a second time, absolutely nothing happens.

Could someone please suggest a series of steps I could take to track down the problem?

NOTE: When it was running, all parts were recognized accurately and seemed to be operating fine. This is my first build; I have just basic knowledge.

Motherboard : GA-Z77X-UD5H (rev. 1.1), BIOS : F14
GPU : GIGABYTE GTX 660 Ti
CPU : i7-3770K
Memory : Corsair Vengeance, 16GB
Power : Corsair 650 W
Hard Drives : Samsung 840 SSD, 120GB (Mac) / Intel 355 Series SSD, 240GB (Windows)

Sounds like either your PSU went out or your PSU is detecting a short and shutting itself down imediatly. When this happens to me it turned out to be the vrms on the graphics card burnt out and was now causing a short. I would try unplugging your graphics card and anything else that's not necisary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back