Graphics
Asus GeForce 8400GS 512MB
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. iBook
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
:headbang: Just finished a easy upgrade to Lion on my budget build, working 100% so far tho I haven't tested sleep yet. I went with fresh install of 10.6.0 Snow Leopard using TonyMac Guide then upgraded to 10.6.8 and added the following Multibeast settings:

Settings :
- UserDSDT Install (got custom DSDT from forums
- System Utilities
-> Rebuild Caches
-> Repair Permissions

- Drivers & Bootloaders
-> Kexts & Enablers
-> Audio -> Realtek ALC8xx -> ALC8xxHDA & AppleHDA Rollback
-> Disk -> JMicron36x -> JMicron 36x eSATA and JMicron 36x ATA
-> Graphics -> Enablers -> NVEnabler
-> Miscellaneous -> FakeSMC & FakeSMC Plugins

-> Bootloaders
-> Chimera 1.4.1

- Customization
-> Boot Options -> 64-bit GraphicsEnabler=No
-> System Definitions -> Mac Pro -> MacPro 3,1
-> Install Lnx2Mac's Realtek driver.

Then carefully followed the Xmove guide for Lion, upgrade went perfectly, rebooted to 10.7 with zero problems on 1st try, rock solid and very nice!

My Hardware:
-> Intel Core i3 Processor i3-540 3.06GHz 4MB LGA1156 CPU BX80616I3540
-> Gigabyte Micro ATX Motherboard GA-H55M-UD2H
-> Mushkin Enhanced Silverline Frostbyte 4 GB Desktop Memory 996585
-> ASUS Geforce 8400GS PCI-E 2.0 512 MB DDR2 Graphics Card EN8400GS Silent/P/512M
-> Western Digital Caviar Blue 500 GB 3.5 Inch, 16 MB Cache, 7200 RPM SATA II WD5000AAKS
-> Samsung SH-S222A/BEBE Internal PATA 22X DVD-Writable Drive

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 1,245
I love this build, as same system. Now on Lion too. :clap:

i have the same motherboard but dsdt which i used before didnt work. could you send me that custom dsdt ? by the way your motherboard rev. 1.3 or 1.0 ?

ok same board and bios with me. thank you very much for info :)

I have the same hardware, update to Lion went flawlessly.....aside from wake from sleep.....

Same wake from sleep issues as others have reported with F11 BIOS.

Wake from sleep is inconsistent, usually fine, sometimes reboots by itself but pressing KB during the reboot gets you to log in, and on occasion it just reboots until I unplug it, then it will restart to BIOS.

In last case the BIOS change on their own, I reset (AHCI, 64 bit, no splash screen) and was able to boot to log in.

SnapMan said:
I have the same hardware, update to Lion went flawlessly.....aside from wake from sleep.....

Same wake from sleep issues as others have reported with F11 BIOS.

Hmm, haven't had problems like that, only thing is moving my mouse won't wake my computer from sleep, but tapping any key on my keyboard wakes it up everytime. I just have a cheap, office depot USB keyboard.

Well, moving my mouse won't wake from sleep either, but I prefer it that way as it doesn't wakes every time there is a vibration or bump.

The vast majority of times, wake from G5 front panel power switch or keyboard work as long as I keep hitting a key until the monitor comes awake.

Note: from posts I have read, it is only the F11 BIOS, not F10 that has the wake issues.

Same motherboard, but different CPU and graphics card. I am running with the i5 760 and Apple GT120. My system has been flawless and super stable until update to 10.6.8. When I follow the guide I always get an install error with multibeast. If i don't use multibeast I get the PCI configuration begin hang on boot.

Any ideas?

Hey,

i got the same mainboard, same cpu and also a 8400GS graphics card. Upgraded to 10.6.8 an downloaded the lion upgrade from the app store. Then i did the xmove thing, but when i want to boot from the installer partition -> nothing.. it hangs at the apple logo. -V mode shows me that it hangs while pci configuration..

Any suggestions ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back