Contribute
Register

Sucess - ASUS Maximus IV Extreme mobo but still direct boot problems.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte Z370 AORUS Gaming 7
CPU
Intel Core i7-8700K
Graphics
Intel UHD 630
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Hello folks,

I sucessfully installed Mountain Lion into Maximus IV Extreme mobo but there are still unsolved direct-boot issues. It only boots through Unibeast v1.5 thumb drive normally.

With direct boot drive, it cause endless of reboot and all kext reloads. Possible bug in Chimera v1.11.0 cause endless of instant reboot with all kext reloads. They are not recorded in /var/log/system.log file. I am unable solve that problem and tried ask for help but no one helped that on this forum. Now I have to use UniBeast thumb drive to boot ML successfully until someone fix that bug in Chimera or so.

Use MultiBeast 4.6.1 setting:

EasyBeast install
Audio
..Realtek ALC8xx
....Unified Device Injector
....AppleHDA Rollback
....Non-DSDT HDAEnabler
......ALC889
....Patched AppleHDA
......ALC889
Disk
..3rdParty eSATA
Network
..knak's AppleIntelE1000e Ethernet

For RocketRAID 644 card:
Copy HighPointR644.kext from Lion into ML to recongize card and all eSATA drives
Put that kext into UniBeast v1.5 for install ML into eSATA drive through RR644.
For MSI R6870 Hawk card:
Check that topic to remove ATI6000Controller.kext from UniBeast v1.5 and put it into installed ML.

Does anyone have any Sandy Bridge kext to display interface names in system profile?

That is all
Thanks.

Bios and CPU power management

Hi Sword7,

I've got the same Mother board and CPU as you and Chimera v1.11.0 works fine with my build (I don't have on board Audio or Intel HD 3000 yet). What Bios version do you have? As if you do not have the 3202(believe it the number) modified bios I believe you still need the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and AppleLPC. As the kernel panics would be occurring when the system begins to load and therefore won't have a log.

Regards,
Aldariz

Hi Sword7,

I've got the same Mother board and CPU as you and Chimera v1.11.0 works fine with my build (I don't have on board Audio or Intel HD 3000 yet). What Bios version do you have? As if you do not have the 3202(believe it the number) modified bios I believe you still need the AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement and AppleLPC. As the kernel panics would be occurring when the system begins to load and therefore won't have a log.

Regards,
Aldariz

I have current BIOS v1409 on my motherboard. I checked ASUS support and found latest version is now 3208. Is that ok to update to 3208?

Thanks.

I download the custom bios update from http://bios4asus.blogspot.no/ (Bios version 3304); and
then compiled a DSDT, with DSDT editor (http://olarila.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=7&t=62); and
applied the patches to the DSDT (patches link below); and
applied it with Multibeast,

I've gotten the onboard sound to work now so just the HD3000.

There is this guide from NIGos which has the version 3203 DSDT version, with the patches from Brycv.
http://www.tonymacx86.com/dsdt/35263-asus-maximus-iv-extreme-z.html

help guys i have the same motherboard should u follow the normal installation of mountain lion on this mobo using unibeast 1.5.3 .my rig hasnt been hackintoshed yet meaning its a fresh install if ever for this particular mobo .help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back