Contribute
Register

Successfully patched Z170X-UD5 TH CFG Lock (MSR Ex02)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi all
I did managed to boot and install Mojave 10.4.6 on a X11SPI-TF from supermicro with Opencore.
I am trying to follow this guide in order to unlock the MSR 0xE2
Thing is, once the section extracted and coverted to text, my CFG lock section looks like this and I don't know exactly what I should change.
I am at work for the moment but tomorrow I will update the post with myt EFI anbd full specs

Thank you for your support

0x5AF59 Setting: SetVID Decay Disable, Variable: 0xAD {05 91 BD 19 C5 19 26 18 06 00 AD 00 10 10 00 01 00}
0x5AF6A Option: Disable, Value: 0x0 {09 07 A9 00 30 00 00}
0x5AF71 Option: Enable, Value: 0x1 {09 07 B2 0D 00 00 01}
0x5AF78 End of Options {29 02}
0x5AF7A Setting: SAPMCTL_CFG LOCK, Variable: 0xB1 {05 91 B4 19 BC 19 27 18 06 00 B1 00 10 10 00 01 00}
0x5AF8B Option: Disable, Value: 0x0 {09 07 A9 00 00 00 00}
0x5AF92 Option: Enable, Value: 0x1 {09 07 B2 0D 30 00 01}
0x5AF99 End of Options {29 02}
0x5AF9B End Form {29 02}

Hi!
I can double check it for you. What's your MB model, and what BIOS version are you running?

Hi!
I can double check it for you. What's your MB model, and what BIOS version are you running?
That was quick ! Thank you so much
Board: Supermicro X11SPI-TF bios 2.1
it's an old one, not available on their website anymore. I've checked the new one and the CFG section is identical.
just in case, here's a dump made with AFUWINx64

Much appreciated

Attachments

• X11SPITFv2dot1.zip
    5 MB · Views: 85
That was quick ! Thank you so much
Board: Supermicro X11SPI-TF bios 2.1
it's an old one, not available on their website anymore. I've checked the new one and the CFG section is identical.
just in case, here's a dump made with AFUWINx64

Much appreciated

Had a look at the most current BIOS dump, and the SAPMCTL_CFG LOCK happens 4 times, which I think are tied to 4 processor cores... so I don't think this is BIOS Options CFG Lock at all. I'm no expert, but I don't think it's what we're looking for.

It's possible your MB doesn't have the ability to disable CFG lock, but you can use VerifyMsrE2 to check if the CFG is actually locked or unlocked by default. If it IS locked, you can just set AppleCpuPmCfgLock = True and AppleXcpmCfgLock = True in Open Core Config.plist

Thanks. I'll check in the morning as I need to start driving.
I'll come back with the results and my system description and EFI.
:)

Morning.
Sorry I am late with the reply. Over working :))
So,
I wasn’t able to run the VerifyMsrE2 because I don’t know how and I didn’t find the details in any of the Opencore manuals or forums.
So what I did was to copy the VerifyMsrE2.efi to the Tools folder, activate it in the config.plist
It shows up as a boot option actually but when I select it, the screen goes black and hangs there.
Any hint will be much appreciated.
After some more research, my bios seems to have a different control for the CFG lock and still didn’t figure it out an approach fir this.
For what is worth, the Intel Gadget shows my my CPU going Turbo but— compiled the AppleIntelInfo.kext and when loaded the system freezes.
I would prefer to attach an EFI folder on request or, preferably, when I sorted out the power management.
My system specs are as follows
Logic board- Supermicro X11SPI-tf
CPU- Xeon Gold 6142 ES (0x050652)
48GB ECC memory
Samsung 850 macOS system test drive planning to move to 970 EVO
GTX Titan as a GPU, OOB

Thank you all :)
Cos

Morning.
Sorry I am late with the reply. Over working :))
So,
I wasn’t able to run the VerifyMsrE2 because I don’t know how and I didn’t find the details in any of the Opencore manuals or forums.
So what I did was to copy the VerifyMsrE2.efi to the Tools folder, activate it in the config.plist
It shows up as a boot option actually but when I select it, the screen goes black and hangs there.
Any hint will be much appreciated.
After some more research, my bios seems to have a different control for the CFG lock and still didn’t figure it out an approach fir this.
For what is worth, the Intel Gadget shows my my CPU going Turbo but— compiled the AppleIntelInfo.kext and when loaded the system freezes.
I would prefer to attach an EFI folder on request or, preferably, when I sorted out the power management.
My system specs are as follows
Logic board- Supermicro X11SPI-tf
CPU- Xeon Gold 6142 ES (0x050652)
48GB ECC memory
Samsung 850 macOS system test drive planning to move to 970 EVO
GTX Titan as a GPU, OOB

Thank you all :)
Cos
I tried it and it does the same thing for me as well.

Try these instructions, they worked for me:

Question to @iLikeHackintosh .
My motherboard Asus C422 have 5 PE32 entries in bios:

Screenshot 2019-11-01 at 16.41.02.png

Do I need to patch all those 5 entries?

Question to @iLikeHackintosh .
My motherboard Asus C422 have 5 PE32 entries in bios:

View attachment 433877
Do I need to patch all those 5 entries?
I think you'll find that they're A) both in the same BIOS section, and B) That those relate to something other than MSR 0xE2 CFG Lock... they're probably relating to CPU CFG Lock?

Could you please elaborate a little more. I have for sure a locked MSR 0xE2 register (see attached picture).

Attachments

• IMG_0521.jpeg
    IMG_0521.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 171
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back