Successfull update to Ventura with OC 8.6 on Asus H81M Plus, i5 4590T and GT730

Motherboard
Asus P5G41T-M LX V2
CPU
L5420
Graphics
GT 730
Screenshot 2022-11-21 alle 02.49.58.png

Successfull update to Ventura with OpenCore 8.6 on Asus H81M Plus, i5 4590T and GT730 hardware acceleration

Nice work. Note that you do need a ram upgrade. 4GB is barely enough just to run Ventura, much less open up a few browser tabs. DDR3 ram is very inexpensive these days.

A new 2 x 8gb kit is only 28 USD. Running in dual channel mode will give much better performance.

Last edited:
Nice work. Note that you do need a ram upgrade. 4GB is barely enough just to run Ventura, much less open up a few browser tabs. DDR3 ram is very inexpensive these days.

A new 2 x 8gb kit is only 28 USD. Running in dual channel mode will give much better performance.

thank you for your suggestion!

@trs96 Would this ram work on my hp 630 G3? I already have mixed two 8gb ram sticks. Do the exact spec make a difference?

Would this ram work on my hp 630 G3?
Won't work as Kaby Lake systems all use DDR4 not DDR3. Specs should match exactly for the best results.

Won't work as Kaby Lake systems all use DDR4 not DDR3. Specs should match exactly for the best

Won't work as Kaby Lake systems all use DDR4 not DDR3. Specs should match exactly for the best results.
Duh! Can DDR4 sticks be mixed or do they have to have same specs. There seem to be many specs.

Can DDR4 sticks be mixed or do they have to have same specs.
If you mean DDR4 DIMMs with different frequencies, timings and latencies, sometimes they might work
together but they should ideally be the same everything.

The best way to go might be to use a matched 16GB kit like this and simply remove the other ram altogether.

Could improve performance a lot if the ram you have isn't up to specs or the timings don't match. Going past 16GB in these OEM machines isn't really needed. It's on the HP supported ram list for the 600 G3 SFF/MT.

Screen Shot 11.jpg

Last edited:
How did you install Ventura with the GT730

Back