Contribute
Register

Successful Yosemite install with Clover! Just hoping to resolve a few niggling issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fam

Motherboard
ASUS GRYPHON Z87
CPU
i5 4670K
Graphics
XFX Radeon HD 7970
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
Hi there,

I have managed to install OS X 10.10 using Clover v2988 on my setup, which consists of an Asus mobo and an AMD GPU. I used tonymacx86's guide to install, and just used the standard config.plist for both booting into the installer and then installing to the EFI partition once I had a successful install.

I have a few issues that I was hoping I could resolve:
  1. I got sound working through the audio jack on my mobo, and also the headphone jack on my case. But I noticed that if the headphones are plugged in when the computer is started, it doesn't recognize the device and just plays through my speakers. If I unplug the headphones, put the computer to sleep, wake it and then plug the headphones back in, it works fine.
  2. Safari has a weird beef with Youtube. When I try to watch a Youtube video it starts refreshing the page like mad, and then Safari tells me that it could not load the web content (and brings up a corresponding "ignore" dialog), while the video plays fine in the background. I installed Chrome (my browser of choice), and everything seems to be working fine. No issues with Youtube. This is not a big deal since I don't use Safari, just would be nice if I could fix it.
  3. I need help dual booting into my Windows 8 HDD. I have three hard drives: my OS X SSD, my Windows SSD (which I installed before OS X, about a year ago), and my internal 1 TB storage HDD. After installing OS X, I restarted my computer and tried to boot from the options that Clover gave me: Boot Windows from Legacy HD 1 (which showed up twice, probably one is the reserved system partition), and Boot Windows from Legacy HD 2 (which I think is the internal storage drive). If I choose to override the boot sequence and boot directly into Windows using F8 at the BIOS splash screen, Windows is working fine, but I cannot load it through Clover.

Finally, now that I have a good working install of 10.10, should I run some tests, and if so, what should I run it on? I haven't come across any issues except the ones mentioned above. I guess I should also mention that when I first booted into Yosemite (after the initial setup), my network preferences would not load and I could not connect to the internet, but a restart fixed this and it's working fine now. It might be because I connect through a VPN.

Any who, thank you guys for the hard work and I hope to help contribute as well!

Cheers,
-Fam

UPDATE: I figure I should add some additional information so I can get some help with the Windows dual boot issue.

The Windows installation is a legacy installation, as I cannot see an EFI partition on the Windows SSD. I tried turning off Fast Boot, but this did not solve the issue of Clover being unable to load Windows. I tried turning off CSM but my mobo stated that it could not load VGA (I am using DVI, btw) and automatically turned it on again (not sure how that is related...). I don't think turning off CSM would have worked in the long run since for me to boot into Clover, I have to set UEFI OS as the first boot option.

I installed NTFS.efi in both EFI/CLOVER/driver64 and EFI/CLOVER/driver64UEFI, with little success. Although, it seems like installing it into the latter changed the labels from "Boot from Legacy HD" to "Boot Windows from System Reserved", and "Boot Windows from " (this label just ends in a blank). I tried using both but I still get the same thing, it's a blinking DOS like cursor that just sits there.

What am I missing? Do I also need to install Clover on the Windows SSD? I have attached my config.plist.

The headphones issue seems to have gone away but Safari still doesn't like loading Youtube, sometimes it outright crashes. I can attach a crash report if anyone is interested.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.9 KB · Views: 273
I'm having the exact problem. Were you able to resolve this?

I never resolved it. I ended up leaving my OS X SSD as it is and re-configured my settings to allow me to fast boot Windows 8. Haven't touched OS X since.

I actually forgot about this post, haha.

I'm having the exact problem. Were you able to resolve this?

If you can start a new thread explaining your problem in detail with your Computer's Hardware Specifications you might get help. Adding the hardware SPECS to your Profile > Basic Information >System: [Motherboard & BIOS Version] and other options below that.

Useful Information for readers to know about your system include:

Motherboard Make and Model and BIOS Version
Intel CPU Model
Graphic Cards Make and Model
Total RAM
Number of HDDs and types
If Windows installed > Separate HDD or sharing with Mac in the same HDD
If Windows Installed whether Windows was installed BEFORE Yosemite Hack or AFTER
OSX Bootloader in the Yosemite System
BIOS Settings Used for the current system
Clover or Chameleon Config.plist

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back