Contribute
Register

SUCCESSFUL Yosemite Install with ASUS GTX 750 Ti - but with HDMI not working on NVIDIA Web Drivers 3

Status
Not open for further replies.
hey buddy, this is not windows. So one can not find cmd.exe then where to write this and what the warranty violation of the card by going through your method

Hello

I own this card https://www.asus.com/Graphics_Cards/GTX750TIPH2GD5/specifications/
And as described I was unable to boot using dvi or hdmi monitors. Only VGA. And without webdrivers.

The only way to make that card work is to flash another firmware

View attachment 139718

I used this one (attached) from this card http://www.asus.com/it/Graphics_Cards/STRIXGTX750TIOC2GD5/specifications/

I guess the Palit one could work as well

Loading the same VBIOS through Chameleon does not work

This is the only solution for this peculiar card (GTX750TI-PH-2GD5).

Instruction:
1) Download nvflash version 5.206.0.1 for Windows (google it)
2) unzip and open "cmd" then change directory to the unzipped dir
3) execute "nvflash --protectoff"
4) save your current bios (to be sure) "nvflash --save original.rom"
5) if you use only one card execute "nvflash -6 GM107.rom" <<-- this is the file I attached here, unrar it first (otherwise add the option --index=NUM where NUM is the number of your card, use --list to know the number of your card)

The software will beep as soon as it finishes and it will ask some confirmation prompts

MAKE THIS FLASH AT YOUR OWN RISK!!!

I took the risk and I succeeded.

Can anyone tell me if this process (flashing the rom) compromise the full use of this card in other operating systems namely Windows?

Regards

Can anyone tell me if this process (flashing the rom) compromise the full use of this card in other operating systems namely Windows?

Regards

It shouldn't.

I confirm that My asus gtx750 oc (not the Ti edition ) has now the hdmi port working in el capitan after the palit firmware flash founded At www.techpowerup.com (palit gtx750 )

it is Asus GTX 750 Ti 2GB OC, ironically.
seriously? I got the same card. I tried it so many times work on it over night at couldnt make it possible works. I went through all sorts of forums and still couldnt make it work. I'll try to flash my card next week when im not busy at school and work. BUT if still persist not to work. Im just gonna stick to Intel Graphics HD 4000

I confirm that My asus gtx750 oc (not the Ti edition ) has now the hdmi port working in el capitan after the palit firmware flash founded At www.techpowerup.com (palit gtx750 )

Yes!
Work! No problem, no lag!
OS X El Capitan
10.11.1 (Build 15B42) & MS Windows 10 Home x64 HDMI port

Before: http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/161156/asus-gtx750-2048-140402.html

my_Nvidia geforce gtx 750.jpgmy_Nvidia geforce gtx 750_sensors.jpg

After: http://www.techpowerup.com/vgabios/154549/palit-gtx750-1024-140103.html

LATER-my_Nvidia geforce gtx 750.jpgLATER-my_Nvidia geforce gtx 750_sensors.jpg

Thanks everybody!

Hi :)

I did the bios flash as described above. Now my DVI output works well, but Yosemite doesn't see my second screen connected to VGA. I don't know why.

My card is the ASUS GTX 750 TI OC 2GB.

Didn't work for me. Using 10.11.2 and latest NVIDIA drivers that goes with 10.11.2, a single DVI port works. Must boot with nvda_drv=1. Other ports don't work. If I connect other DVI port the behavior is that the BIOS screen shows on the first DVI and after getting into OS X the other DVI port is switched to. Never can get multi monitor to work.

Tried flashing Palit and STRIX flashes. With STRIX system gets into my desktop and after 10 seconds screen goes white. With Palit the system reboots just before getting to desktop.

I give up. Anyone know how to solve this?

mine.jpg

Update:

Tested the HDMI and have multi-monitor with HDMI and a DVI port.
So 2 out of 3 work. I'll take it. No BIOS change required.

Hello,

i would really appreciate it if someone could help me out. it's a confusion to get the asus gtx 750 ti oc 2gb work with yosemite 10.10.5 (14F1509). The machine runs with clover. I've already installed the newest nvidia web driver. nvda_drv=1 bootflag is already in the config.plist. I always get a black screen.

The only port that works at the moment is vga. But need the dvi port for my display.

I've already change the vbios with palit rom. the good thing is, that the dvi works suddenly on yosemite. but only for a few seconds. the screen turns grey and the systems freez.

I can boot into yosemite with nv_disable=1. But it only laggy and slow.

this is my GPU: Asus Homepage
MOBO: Gigabyte Z97x-UD5H-BK
CPU: i7 4790k

Hope someone can give me the solution.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back