Graphics
GeForce GT610
Mac
  1. 0
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. 0
I successfully upgraded to Yosemite yesterday on my GA-Z68AP-D3 + Geforce GT610:

- Backuped up Mavericks to another drive just in case (using Superduper).
- Downloaded Yosemite from App Store and cancelled install, the installer saves to Applications
- Downloaded Unibeast 5.0.1 and most recent Multibeast for Yosemite.
- Created Unibeast USB (selected Legacy USB).
- Booted from Unibeast USB and installed Yosemite over existing Mavericks.
- Rebooted using Unibeast into new installation.
- All hardware still worked except I lost rear USB sockets, front ones still functioned.
- Ran Multibeast to install USB 3 and Chimera 4.
- All now working as before, apps and data intact. (Photoshop CS5 needs Java 6 install).

(NB: I had difficulty with audio with this mobo when I first installed Mavericks. It seems there are two revisions of the board with different audio. Some websites say Realtek ALC889 or ALC892, but the rev 1 has a Realtek/Via chip. I had to install a universal driver VoodooHDA v2.7.2 for VT2021 to get it to work).

Thanks to Tonymacs for their great work.:thumbup:

Hey, nice to hear that. I have the same board, the Z68AP-D3 (2.0 - FC). Can u tell me what u've checked in Multibeast? Nothin except USB and Chimera I cannot believe. Which board do you have exactly? Efi doer Uefi? Is facetime/iMessage running? If yes, what did you do for that? Sry but i really wanna kno these things and ur description is just not enough for me :) Thanks in advance! Greets from germany.

This was an upgrade of an already working Mavericks Hackintosh. On first boot I noticed that I had no USB mouse or keyboard. I tried the mouse in the front ports (wired from the USB extension pins on the mobo) and got back control. I transferred the keyboard to the front as well and it was recognised. With control back I checked over the installation - all other hardware was working: LAN, wi-fi, audio, graphics. I even updated the installation on the Internet. My only serious problem were the hard wired USB ports on the back. I ran Multibeast 7.0.1 and selected drivers/misc/USB 3 - universal for install along with the Chimera 4 bootloader. That's all I needed, so I rebooted without the Unibeast USB drive. The machine booted on its own and all the USB 2 & 3 ports were now working.

I hope you have the same luck.

hi there, Ive got the same motherboard and just about to do a fresh install of yosemite.
I was wondering what dsdt you used if at all. On the download page for dsdt Theres a number of versions from f8 to f1.. how do i tell which is my board?

hi there, Ive got the same motherboard and just about to do a fresh install of yosemite.
I was wondering what dsdt you used if at all. On the download page for dsdt Theres a number of versions from f8 to f1.. how do i tell which is my board?

You have to DSDT.aml which is matching for your BIOS version

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back