3. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. Apple
  2. SE
  3. SE/30
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
  2. Other
Successful update with clover 5126, last kext and 30 minutes and 3 reboots no problem found

Attachments

• Schermata 2020-11-13 alle 08.44.36.png
    Schermata 2020-11-13 alle 08.44.36.png
    68.4 KB · Views: 97
Successful update with clover 5126, last kext and 30 minutes and 3 reboots no problem found
So which kext are required to update? assuming standard ones, but thought I would ask since you already have this working. WhateverGreen, AppleALC and Lilu?

Updating Clover now. Thanks in advance!

So which kext are required to update? assuming standard ones, but thought I would ask since you already have this working. WhateverGreen, AppleALC and Lilu?

Updating Clover now. Thanks in advance!

Ehm, why not simply update all kext?

Ehm, why not simply update all kext?
I dont know why... i thought it was required to update clover too. Boy was I wrong. Now I cannot boot to my SSD after updating Clover... and I cant boot to my backup OS drive either. Get the same message. Trying to figure out another way to fix this so I can boot to my backup drive... restore my boot drive. Completely stuck after updating clover to 5123. I'm stuck.

cannot find config/plist/quirks etc...

I cannot think of a way to fix this.

I dont know why... i thought it was required to update clover too. Boy was I wrong. Now I cannot boot to my SSD after updating Clover... and I cant boot to my backup OS drive either. Get the same message. Trying to figure out another way to fix this so I can boot to my backup drive... restore my boot drive. Completely stuck after updating clover to 5123. I'm stuck.

cannot find config/plist/quirks etc...

I cannot think of a way to fix this.
Did you make sure your Quirks were correct before restarting?

Did you make sure your Quirks were correct before restarting?
No (clearly). Haha. Sorry. Never goofed up an update like this before. Trying to strategize how to get back in.

can I spin up a new USB drive with clover to get access to my drives and replace the files? Was on clover 5118 on Catalina. Completely stuck at the moment. No direction to go. Help?

Can you share your EFI folder contents with me?
OK, just got the EFI folder contents PRIOR to doing the upgrade from a drive I moved into a Windows 10 machine... oh boy that was a process.

So now I at least have the original EFI contents. Seeing if I can now get that into the USB drive and maybe boot off this darn SSD to get back to working. Then I can maybe upload the EFI folder contents that broke everything. Or just as well, get it back to working and redo this whole update process after reading some more.

Feels like I'm making progress... THANK YOU for the support!

No (clearly). Haha. Sorry. Never goofed up an update like this before. Trying to strategize how to get back in.

can I spin up a new USB drive with clover to get access to my drives and replace the files? Was on clover 5118 on Catalina. Completely stuck at the moment. No direction to go. Help?
yes, same thing happened with me. I booted with my Catalina Usb and in clover menu selected my catalina ssd. then I installed clover 5122.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back