Work in Progress:
MacOS Sierra Upgrade

-I'm still Alive-

I have been working on Getting MacOS Sierra installed on this Machine,
but so far my attempts have been unsuccessful as the machine just
refuses to boot, and i keep getting Kernel Panics. I haven't worked
on a BIOS only machine in awhile so re-learning Chameleon or running
Clover on non-UEFI hardware has been a bit weird for me, but i am in the
process of getting this machine working.

I keep getting stuck at
"IOConsoleUsers: gIOScreenLockState 3, hs 0, bs 0, now 0, sm 0x0"
on MacMini5,1 and
"still waiting on root device"
on default iMac14,2 definition with Unibeast installer.

Older Updates:
OPTIONAL:
Yosemite 10.10.x Upgrade

I suggest a Clean install from the Upgrade from 10.9.x to 10.10.x.
I have not yet tested the Yosemite Update on this device yet, but
i will try as soon as i can get my actual Mac back and start testing.
As far as i've heard, WiFi is broke again and so is the Touchpad.
Same as last time, the Intel GPU works out of the Box but i'm
expecting it either to lag on this hardware, or to not have certain
working parts. You are welcome to try it if you have this device
as it would be nice to get feedback in trying to keep this device alive
as a hackintosh as long as i can. I am also experimenting with getting
the VGA adapter working using DSDTs and other work arounds so stay
tuned :)

Mavericks 10.9.0-10.9.5 Upgrade

You should be able to Upgrade From 10.9.x to 10.9.5 no Problem
using Mac Appstore. I Originally Installed 10.9.0 and was able to
upgrade to 10.9.5 with no problems. I suggest Backing up your
Data using Time Machine / Carbon Copy Cloner / or Super Duper
Just to be Safe ;D. Again, like always, feel free to leave a comment
if anything goes wrong.

Hey guys, I'm new to this particular forum, so i don't know if i'm posting this to the right catagory, but i have posted in forums before so it shouldn't be that much different. I will be updating this Tutorial for each time anything breaks or changes. And i based this Thread off of the outdated Lion tutorial that can be found here.

Anyway, i have currently made a Legit Mavericks Hackintosh out of a Toshiba Satellite C655-S5212, but it should work on pretty much any Toshiba Satellite C655 series laptops.

First, heres some prerequisites of what to expect when installing OS X on this laptop:

Working Stuff:

WI-FI & LAN
Graphics Card with Full Resolution & QE/CI
Battery Indicator (but for some reason it says Condition: Replace now, which is no big deal)
Touchpad with Multi-Touch Scrolling (Unfortunately no working Gestures)
Sound
DVD Drive

Whats Not Working:

Sleep
Brightness Adjustment
VGA Out (obviously)
Function Keys
iMessage

Now, to start this Hackintosh Process, its just the standard tonymacx86 Install...
(I Suggest you follow this Guide: http://www.tonymacx86.com/374-unibeast-install-os-x-mavericks-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html, but i Skipped Step 3.)

THIS METHOD SHOULD WORK FOR LION, MOUNTAIN LION, AND MAVERICKS

(I have no idea if Snow Leopard or below would work, but I'm pretty sure the majority of you guys would like a more updated OS X anyway)

Alright, so after the install, you should be at the Desktop, and believe it or not, You've already installed the GPU Drivers due to the fact that Intel HD 3000 works out of the box. Now all we have to do is get the rest of the drivers. So make sure you have the kexts you downloaded earlier along with Kextbeast and Multibeast so we can install the extra drivers that Multibeast has.

NOTE: Based on my Experience, It seems as though Installing Multibeast Kexts AFTER Installing the other ones using KextBeast seems to make Multibeast Fail. I suggest keeping to the tutorial for this part

Now, open up Multibeast and check all the following settings.

Screen Shot 2014-01-27 at 8.31.12 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-01-27 at 8.34.30 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-01-27 at 8.32.18 PM.png

And it should Look something like this when you Build it.
Screen Shot 2014-01-27 at 8.34.38 PM.png

Then Hit Install.

Once that finishes, grab your Kext Files I provided and put them on the Desktop

Now, i Installed a different WIFI Card On my Toshiba (Which explains the AirPortAtheros40.Kext) But it should work the same if you have a RTL8188xx Card. I will however provide both the Atheros kext and the RTL8188 kext incase you replaced your WLAN card like i did since the RTL Card isn't the best

Screen Shot 2014-01-27 at 8.40.13 PM.png

Go to Settings, then Security and Privacy, Unlock the Lock in the bottom Left Corner, then check "Allow Apps downloaded from:" and select Anywhere.

Now, Open KextBeast and go thru the Wizard like you normally would. (make sure the .Kext Files are on the desktop along with Kextbeast, or it won't work)

Screen Shot 2014-01-27 at 8.50.10 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-01-27 at 8.50.25 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-01-27 at 8.50.34 PM.png

Now, theres one last thing you gotta do to get everything working. Download Chameleon Wizard and install the Bootloader. Do the following when you open it,

1. Click on org.chameleon.Boot tab
2. Check GUI, Instant Menu, Legacy Logo, & Restart Fix
3. Now go back to the Install Tab then click Built-In
4. Under Install Method, Select Boot0hfs and choose the Partition that OS X is installed on
5. Click Install

Screen Shot 2014-01-27 at 8.55.46 PM.pngScreen Shot 2014-01-27 at 8.55.34 PM.png

Now, Restart and you should have everything working properly.

If you have any Questions or Comments, Please feel free to message me or reply to this thread. I will try to answer as much as i can if i have a solution.

NOTE: If you are trying to troubleshoot your Hackintosh, Please try to reply with an error displayed in verbose mode (you can access this mode by typing -v at boot) and give me the EXACT Model number of the device (eg: Satellite C655-S5212) so i can help troubleshoot the problem better twards your computer

Congratulations on your Hackintosh (if it was successful).
Happy Cracking ;3

This Page was Last Updated: 4/29/2017 @3:30PM PST

Attachments

• Kexts.zip
    1.2 MB · Views: 1,606
Last edited:
I get as far in the tonymacx86 as installing the OS, but what dsdt do we use for multibeast? This seems to be the root of my problems as I always get boot errors.

I get as far in the tonymacx86 as installing the OS, but what dsdt do we use for multibeast? This seems to be the root of my problems as I always get boot errors.

Please provide complete details in your profile.

System: manufacturer/model
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx). For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Sorry, I have the same computer as the OP and only made this account for this post and kinda does through the registration. My info should be the same as OP.

Sorry, I have the same computer as the OP and only made this account for this post and kinda does through the registration. My info should be the same as OP.

You still need to fill out your profile as requested. Thanks!

For more information, please read the rules: http://www.tonymacx86.com/faq.php

I wouldn't put too much focus into following the guide in post #1. It is not a very good setup for a laptop.

hi, sorry i've been kinda inactive from the Hackintosh community for a little while as i've been dealing with school issues. Anyway, i have not been able to find a compatible DSDT nor do i know much information on how to apply said DSDT. Sorry. I have however beenable to be mostly successful without any DSDT patches needed and obviously your experiences maybe different from mine. If you do find any information on how to apply a DSDT for this device and it is successful, please share it here because i'd like to help the community as best as i can

I have an c655-s5507 model and it will not boot past a gray screen with the cursor. The only way to get past is reboot into safe mode. I have tried to install multiple kexts but nothing works. I tried the bootloader an I get boot0 errors. Any help would be appreciated.

hi, sorry i've been kinda inactive from the Hackintosh community for a little while as i've been dealing with school issues. Anyway, i have not been able to find a compatible DSDT nor do i know much information on how to apply said DSDT. Sorry. I have however beenable to be mostly successful without any DSDT patches needed and obviously your experiences maybe different from mine. If you do find any information on how to apply a DSDT for this device and it is successful, please share it here because i'd like to help the community as best as i can

You should patch your own DSDT. Patches applicable depend on hardware and what problem you're trying to solve.

I have an c655-s5507 model and it will not boot past a gray screen with the cursor. The only way to get past is reboot into safe mode. I have tried to install multiple kexts but nothing works. I tried the bootloader an I get boot0 errors. Any help would be appreciated.

Please provide complete details in your profile/signature
(Profile/Settings link in upper right corner of this site)

System: manufacturer/model + bootloader(Clover/Chameleon/Chimera)
CPU: detailed CPU model + motherboard chipset
Graphics: all graphics devices + laptop internal screen resolution

For example, typical Ivy laptop:
System: HP ProBook 4540s (Clover)
CPU: i5-3320m/HM76
Graphics: HD4000, 1366x768

Use CPU-Z on Windows to find CPU (Core iX-xxx) and motherboard chipset (HMxx), and graphics capabilities. For a laptop, these details are important and affect critical installation procedures.

Anyway, i have currently made a Legit Mavericks Hackintosh out of a Toshiba Satellite C655-S5212, but it should work on pretty much any Toshiba Satellite C655 series laptops.

One thing to consider is which processor you have. I have a C655-S5235 which only has a Pentium B940 CPU and therefore no HD 3000 graphics, only HD 2000 which has more issues. If you have a C655 with an i3, i5, or i7 processor you will have HD 3000.

I was able to get the HD 2000 graphics working following the instructions here, but I still haven't gotten to give everything a thorough testing and I expect hardware acceleration is not in use.

I'm tempted to acquire a compatible i3 or i5 and upgrade the processor, but it looks like a lot of hassle to get at the processor in this thing. The old Lenovo laptop I had at work wasn't quite as hard to work on as this one appears to be.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back