Graphics
Intel HD4000
Mac
  1. MacBook
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I've just bought a 6470b for the sole purpose of creating a hackintosh.

Specs are: i5- 3230m cpu with HD4000 graphics onboard.
1366x768 display
8 gigs memory
Qualcomm Atheros AR9485 802.11b/g/n WiFi Adapter.

I'll install Yosemite on a new Crucial 256GB MX-100 SSD drive.

Any specific pre install advice ?

I don't think the wifi card will work. Can anyone please confirm which wifi cards will work ? I'm going round in circles here ... What would be the 'best' card to shop for ?
Thanks guys.

Thanks, I have read this numerous times and many other hackintosh guides for Probooks.

'WIFI ONLY: Atheros AR9280/9285, Broadcom 4322/43224 (better OS X feature support)'
These are my only 2 choices ? And they have to be HP branded to work ?

I'm looking for confirmation from any 6470b owners.
Sorry to be 'needy' but this will be my first attempt at a hackintosh.
Cheers.

'WIFI ONLY: Atheros AR9280/9285, Broadcom 4322/43224 (better OS X feature support)'
These are my only 2 choices ? And they have to be HP branded to work ?

The 6470b has no BIOS WiFi whitelist. You can choose any card that is OS X compatible.

Wow, big thanks. That has been my greatest worry.
Any recommendations ??
Thanks again for the quick response..

Wow, big thanks. That has been my greatest worry.
Any recommendations ??
Thanks again for the quick response..

Recommendations are at the link in post #2. You should read it.

Have 6470b and 6570b, both loaded with exactly the same hardware as you have listed, except the 6570b has the Atheros 9285 and the 6470b has the Broadcomm 43225HMB. The Atheros works better, and bluetooth works with this card. With Mavericks, the 43225HMB worked fine, bluetooth and wifi, but with Yosemite this card is giving me problems. Just ordered another Atheros for the 6470b.

These laptops are extremely solid and quick once you get them stable.

I agree with you, FWIW, that the guide is not as clear as it could be on this matter.

Have 6470b and 6570b, both loaded with exactly the same hardware as you have listed, except the 6570b has the Atheros 9285 and the 6470b has the Broadcomm 43225HMB. The Atheros works better, and bluetooth works with this card. With Mavericks, the 43225HMB worked fine, bluetooth and wifi, but with Yosemite this card is giving me problems. Just ordered another Atheros for the 6470b.

I agree with you, FWIW, that the guide is not as clear as it could be on this matter.

Thanks for reply. That was the detailed advice I was looking for. I bought the Broadcom wifi combo card but bluetooth isn't recognized... Should have gone for the Atheros. Anyone else reading this, I can confirm a 6470b makes a great 'hackbook' and everything loaded first time following the Clover guide.

So basically, what you are saying is that one of the "recommended" wifi/bluetooth combo cards for Yosemite doesn't work properly on the 6470b and 6570b?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back