Contribute
Register

Successful installation of Sierra - i5 7600/gigabyte z270x-ud3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi "liquidsilver88",

Thanks a lot for your post.
I have followed the exact stepts indicated but it still seems that I'm doing something wrong. I've tried the other two sets of instructions - no result. I'm getting the same kernel panic. I have attached the picture for reference.
View media item 188946Booting with -v outputed this:
IMG_0755.jpg
I've just upgraded the rig, following most of the indications here on tonymacx86.com and now I'm stuck on windows on the home computer!
Please help a poor soul...​
My hardware configuration should be in the signature.
Thanks a lot!

Last edited:
Hi "liquidsilver88",
Thanks a lot for your post.

There has been a development of the problem.
I finally managed to make it boot in Sierra installation. Problem was now - it did not detect any HDD (except the USB stick, external, of course). I managed this by using one of the alternative websites methods and un-ticking everything in the Clover/ACPI.
Now I have unticked everything, but I pushed my luck and tried a tick on the SATA Fix. It seems to work! Now I'm installing the system!!!
I hope it's going to be a success!

There has been a development of the problem.
I finally managed to make it boot in Sierra installation. Problem was now - it did not detect any HDD (except the USB stick, external, of course). I managed this by using one of the alternative websites methods and un-ticking everything in the Clover/ACPI.
Now I have unticked everything, but I pushed my luck and tried a tick on the SATA Fix. It seems to work! Now I'm installing the system!!!
I hope it's going to be a success!

Hi Michelcannu

I have the same issue you were having previously with it hanging on the AppleHDADriver

can you share your confit you used to get past this?

did you just uncheck everything on ACPI?

thanks

John

I am attempting to rebuild my hackintosh into a CustoMac. Mobo is now z270x-UD3, with i7 7700K. Created Unibeast drive using instructions above. Copied modified EFI files to Unibeast drive. Inserted USB and booted. I get the Clover screen, where I manually edited the options, per recommendation. Selected "External" for boot. Immediately get the flat gray Apple screen, and a few seconds later machine does a hard shut down - no pops or other noises, just a full shutdown and no restart.

Any recommendations on where to start to correct this?

Hi Liquidsilver88, I tried following all your instructions but I still can't boot from the USB stick to install Sierra.

I've attached my CLOVER folder as a zip.

My build details are as follows:
  • Gigabyte GA-Z270X-UD3
  • Intel i7 7700K
  • Samsung NVME M.2 500GB
  • Nvidia GTX 1080Ti (but using iGPU during installation)

Thanks in advance!

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.3 MB · Views: 105
@jeremykieran, please update your profile (personal details) with your Motherboard or Make/Model, CPU and Graphics Card.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Attachments

• EFI_USB_STICK.zip
    2.8 MB · Views: 124
Thanks,
BIOS was not an issue. Managed to get USB 3 Drives mounting after following the guide for USB in https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...erra-on-200-series-kabylake-processor.218494/. Also Audio worked flawlessly.

Can confirm my configuration:
Motherboard: z270x-UD3
CPU: i7 7700K running at 4.6Ghz
GPU: EVGA 1070 SC 8Gb running LG Curved monitor 34UC98-W at full resolution (3440x1440) full acc.
Memory: Crucial Ballistix Sport LT 16GB Kit

Everything works perfectly: Shutdowns, Sleep, Deep sleep, USB, Audio, Ethernet etc...
Startup is a bit slow, but loads fine.

Now need to figure out how to get CORSAIR FORCE MP500 SERIES NVMe PCIe M.2 120GB to work as a boot drive.

Thanks @liquidsilver88

I have the same mb and cpu.
Does usb3.1 works for you too, and shows up in the sys report? Thats the only issue I have left...
Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back