Graphics
1080Ti
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Successfully installed/upgraded from Sierra to High Sierra

MSI Z270A-Pro, Intel 7700K, GeForce 1080Ti

Now the question is, how do I clean this crap up on boot?

View attachment 285314

There are 11 boot options, some have invisible icons. Windows and Mac OS boot no issue, just want this to look better.

The quick and dirty way may be to clear CMOS, then reload your saved BIOS config. There is a post on the forum about using Clover to review and remove boot entries but it didn't do much for me (IIRC this is bdmesg dump and bdmesg rm). You can also "hide" boot entry volumes in clover but I haven't played with that yet (Gui tab, Hide Volume list).

In Clover editing your plist you can go into the GUI area and hide 'Preboot'. This worked for me.
Hi thielsa. I have the same problem. Update to Height Sierra succesfully, like charm. But Clover boots very slow then before or in OS (using SSD), and the invizible icons are minimizing my joy. First Hackintosh ever :headbang:. Anyway, what file and vhere to change the settings to lose that crap...:banghead:

Thank you! :thumbup:

Hello, same thing here!
Very happy to be successful with my config (GA-Z170N-WIFI | i7 6700K | GeForce GTX 1060 )

High Sierra even solved the weird graphics artifacts I had with Sierra sometimes.
(haven't checked the sleep issue yet, I hope it is fixed)

but I have those ghost boot entries, and sometimes booting MacOS takes forever.

Hello, same thing here!
Very happy to be successful with my config (GA-Z170N-WIFI | i7 6700K | GeForce GTX 1060 )

High Sierra even solved the weird graphics artifacts I had with Sierra sometimes.

just a quick update; the sleep issue is still present, even worse. otherwise things look good with High Sierra. Haven't patched to 10.13.1 yet.

Note: I get an installation error message when I install or update the NVidia drivers, but the installation continues successfully (it seems).

just a quick update; the sleep issue is still present, even worse. otherwise things look good with High Sierra. Haven't patched to 10.13.1 yet.

Note: I get an installation error message when I install or update the NVidia drivers, but the installation continues successfully (it seems).

I have the same setup as you:

GA-Z170N-WIFI
I currently replaced the card to BCM94352Z because they said to. not sure if i should switch back to stock wifi/bt from mobo)

GTX 1060 6GB

i5 6600 i think...

I have not done this before and i havent installed it yet i am currently downloading and collecting both installations for both Sierra and High Sierra... in case one is problematic.

Do you have a guide you used and do you have tips? Or configuration?

Im super scared. Thanks

Hello, same thing here!

I am having constant problems with getting sierra or high sierra to install. The only difference is I am using the integrated Intel graphics because the 1 slot I have is being used for the wifi adapter BCM94352Z. How did you get wifi without installed the BCM94352Z into your expansion slot. I think the intel graphics is the primary issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back