Contribute
Register

Successful Installation of Big Sur on a Asrock z370 Pro4 But With Ethernet Problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
AsRock Z370 Pro4 3.20
CPU
i7-8700k
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
  2. Mac mini
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Successfully installed macOS 11.0.1 on a Asrock z370 Pro4 i7-8700k RX580 8gb using OC 0.6.3 from macOS 10.15.7.
Clover was a no show for me, so switched to openCore and installed without any issue first time upgrading via the macOS Software update. When upgrading I always use two SSD drives and use CC to make a backup drive for testing and getting things stable.

Update on Big Sur macOS 11.0.1 installation on test system.
USB 3.1 and USB-C ports: working.
WiFi (using apple WiFi/Bluetooth PCI-e card): working.
SMBIOS: iMac 19.2 (Still searching for the best match) but strange that is only lists iMac and not model and year
Graphics: RX580 8gb: working.
Ethernet card (using Apple Ethernet PCI-e card(BCM57762): no longer working, or listed in networking.
iCloud services(messages, and hand-off, Apple Watch unlock etc): working fine, but slower than normal.
For example: Air-drop very slow. You click to send an image to another Mac and does nothing you click again and still nothing... 2 minutes later, my MacBook Pro gets 2 images.

With regards to the BCM57762 Ethernet PCIe card: Does anyone know if Apple removed support from Big Sur?

Screenshot 2020-11-14 at 16.50.59 2.png

Hi phonic2k! I have the same system than you (just the AsRock extreme4) and I would like to make a clean install of Big Sur with OC (before I have always used clover...)

So I guess now Ethernet is working, that's great.

Would be much to ask to share your EFI / Kexts / config.plist ? That'd help me a lot.

Also, did you do something special in the BIOS configuration that I should know?

Ty

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back