Mac
  1. MacBook
  2. Mac mini
Classic Mac
  1. 0
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
  2. iOS
Everything work fine except sleep/wake. I'll try to outline everything I've done.

P55-GD55 is actually identical as GD65, minus the FW400 port. I also use a XFX ATI 4850 512M video card, Intel i5 750 (no OC, TurboBoast on), Kingstone 2G DDR3 ram. And I put an old SB Live! Platinum from my old PC into this one. It's a EMU 10K1-based card. I also have a MacBook unibody, which is regularly backed up with Time Machine, so I can just restore everything from my MacBook to the Hackintosh. I also bought a retail Snow Leopard DVD.

1. Follow the CD-boot guide by tonymacx86. You can find it here: http://tonymacx86.blogspot.com/2009/12/install-os-x-snow-leopard-directly-from.html. I used the MSI version boot CD. So the DSDT is from GD65 (or so I think).

2. After the install, the 4850 didn't work. So I have to boot into safe-mode. I added the Device ID for my card (0x9442) into ATI4800Controller.kext in /System/Library/Extensions. Rebuild the caches, repaire the permissions, restart. And voila, it worked.

3. So everything are almost good now. But the audio was still down, and the SB Live! was not working. For the audio, I use a USB speaker instead (Logitech Z-5), so it's not really bothering me a lot. For the SB Live!, I downloaded the kX Mac driver from http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/, and the SB Live! worked. Not 100%, because only the output worked, but it's good enough for me.

4. Then comes the most frustrating problem: The system clock ran too fast. And the USB speaker sounded weird. I tried many things, but none worked. Found the solutions just moments ago. Simply use the Chameleon 2.0 RC4. Replace the boot file with the new release, and reboot. All problems are gone now.

The only remaining problem is the sleep/wake. I removed the IOAHCIBLockStoragInjector.kext and NullCPUPowerManage.kext from /Extra/Extensions. Now it seems to really fall in sleep when I click "Sleep", but still can't wake up.

Now I'm booting without DSDT.aml in my root directory. Everything seems fine.

For Bluttooth: I use D-Link DBT-120 Bluetooth adaptor to connect my Apple Wireless Keyboard. No problem at all.

Dual display: I connect a Dell and a Samsung LCD to the 4850, which has two DVI ports. Perfect. But DVI-VGA adaptor doesn't work.

Finally, kudos to Tonymacx86! I couldn't have done this without your help!

BTW: I'm from China, so sorry about the English. And I have to use proxies to bypass the GFW to reach Blogspot, which added some extra headache.

roger said:
Everything work fine except sleep/wake. I'll try to outline everything I've done.

BTW: I'm from China, so sorry about the English. And I have to use proxies to bypass the GFW to reach Blogspot, which added some extra headache.

Hi why not try my GD65/80 DSDT and Extra ( See further back in this section for download link) , it should accept your i5 Processor and Grahics card automatically although you should use AsereBLN RC4/PCIEFI10.5 as boot file to auto recognise your kit.

tonyd said:
Hi why not try my GD65/80 DSDT and Extra ( See further back in this section for download link) , it should accept your i5 Processor and Grahics card automatically although you should use AsereBLN RC4/PCIEFI10.5 as boot file to auto recognise your kit.

Thanks for the advice. But since my Hackintosh is running fine now, I feel reluctant to reinstall everything.

Just received my Magic Mouse. It works great with my Hackintosh, except once in a while it can become sluggish for a few seconds. Maybe it's the BT adaptor, because it's fine on my MacBook. All in all, maybe not a better mouse than Razer Diamondback, but a very special mouse indeed.

roger said:
Just received my Magic Mouse. It works great with my Hackintosh, except once in a while it can become sluggish for a few seconds. Maybe it's the BT adaptor, because it's fine on my MacBook. All in all, maybe not a better mouse than Razer Diamondback, but a very special mouse indeed.

LOVE my Magic Mouse- it is absolutely the best mouse I've ever used. :mrgreen:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back