- Dec 31, 2010
- Classic Mac
- Mobile Phone
I've finally gotten Lion to upgrade from Snow Leopard!
My full specs:
Asus Rampage III Gene
Intel Core 950 i7 3.06ghz
Gigabyte AMD Radeon 5870 HD 1GB
60gb OCZ Vertex 2 SSD
1TB Western Digital HD
(the machine's a little underclocked for stability and summer heat)
Steps to Lion installation heaven:
- Running Snow Leopard Install w/ DSDT Auto-patched DSDT, VoodooHD sound drivers, few other minor custom kexts
- BACKUP, BACKUP, BACKUP. Don't let your precious time building a working SL build be wasted. I recommend a carbon copy w/ superduper onto it's own partition.
- Upgraded to 10.6.8 (no errors with this hardware build)
- Installed the latest Chimera
- Followed x-move tutorial until the boot into installer.
- Copied my extra's folder to the installer disk
- Ran installer with [-x PCIRootUID=1 cpus=1 arch=i1386] (before it was KP'ing at the installer)
- Booted into Mac w/ the same arguments
- Ran Multibeast and installed VoodooHD to re-enable sound, and (important to prevent boot KP!)nullcpupowermanagement, and obligatory rebuild cache/repair permissions
Everything runs like butter again. As always, a big thanks Tony!
edit: Remembered my CPU wrong. fixed.
Sleep works perfectly after running in the terminal:
sudo perl -pi -e 's|\x75\x30\x44\x89\xf8|\xeb\x30\x44\x89\xf8|; s|\x75\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|\xeb\x3d\x8b\x75\x08|' /System/Library/Extensions/AppleRTC.kext/Contents/MacOS/AppleRTC
Testing 64 bit now..
Last edited by a moderator: