Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH (F22g)
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
HD 530
Downloaded today's official High Sierra Update. Performed a direct update from 10.12.6. First updated Clover to v2.4k r4220, and then followed APFS guide above. Everything seems to be working with the exception of audio. I then downloaded and ran audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command, rebooted and my audio devices were now there. :) Thanks Toleda!
Later on I discovered my USB 3.0 ports weren't working. Downloaded USBinjectAll.kext and modified config.plist with the new raise port edits for High Sierra. Working now. Thanks tonymacx86! :)

IMG_1976.JPG

Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 1.03.42 PM.png

Screen Shot 2017-09-25 at 1.11.28 PM.png

Last edited:
Downloaded today's official High Sierra Update. Performed a direct update from 10.12.6. First updated Clover to v2.4k r4220, and then followed APFS guide above. Everything seems to be working with the exception of audio. I then downloaded and ran audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command, rebooted and my audio devices were now there. :) Thanks Toleda!
Later on I discovered my USB 3.0 ports weren't working. Downloaded USBinjectAll.kext and modified config.plist with the new raise port edits for High Sierra. Working now. Thanks tonymacx86! :)

View attachment 280452

View attachment 280453

View attachment 280456
Hi, can you please elaborate on how you get the USB 3.0 ports working? That's the only thing not working for me. Thanks.

View attachment 280452

View attachment 280453

View attachment 280456

My USB 3.0 ports are out after the upgrade. Where did you find "Downloaded USBinjectAll.kext and modified config.plist with the new raise port edits for High Sierra."?

View attachment 280452

View attachment 280453

View attachment 280456
Hey In-n-Out, I have the same exact set-up as you but I can't get High Sierra to Install. When I try to run the update with the Intel Hd 530, get a black screen and does not install.....with the Nvidia gt740, I get the apple logo with the progress bar about half way and a spinning wheel. Could you please advise exactly how you installed and could you please send me your plist and which kexts you have in order to get it installed. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Hey winky1060,
I'm just using the onboard HD530 with no Nvidia card whatsoever. First go into system BIOS and set the Initial Display Out to IGFX. I've attached my Clover directory for you to check out my settings. Good luck. BTW, since I'm using an SSD for my system drive I just followed the instructions below: I also made an edit to my config.plist for the new USB raise port limit for High Sierra and also ran the audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command for getting Audio to work again since the install ruins your previous audio settings. I upgraded directly from 10.12.6 to the official release of High Sierra. Good luck.

Guide: Update Directly to macOS High Sierra (APFS)
Apple is now using APFS (Apple File System) instead of HFS+ for the default file system in macOS High Sierra for solid state drives. If you have a SSD, this guide will auto-convert it to APFS by default. Users with traditional 'spinning' hard disk drives will remain on HFS+ by default. Using APFS with Clover requires copying the apfs.efi file from the installer to your Clover EFI. If you would like to update without converting to APFS use the HFS+ guide below.

1. Update your existing Clover install to v4173+ using MultiBeast or official Clover package.

2. Open Clover configuration folder on the root of your system drive or EFI Partition using EFI Mounter v3. Copy FakeSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. If you need essential kexts, download them here.

3. Copy apfs.efi to /EFI/CLOVER/drivers64UEFI/.

4. Download Install macOS High Sierra Application from the Mac App Store. When complete, the app will open. Please note, the Application will disappear after use.

5. Choose system drive for install (Example: Macintosh HD). When complete, the computer will automatically reboot.

6. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot macOS Install option (Example: Boot macOS Install from Macintosh HD). Choosing your system drive will go back to your previous installation without updating.

7. Complete the installation process- the computer will automatically reboot a few times.

8. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot macOS option (Example: Boot macOS from Macintosh HD). The computer will then complete the update.

Attachments

• CLOVER.zip
    2.6 MB · Views: 682
Last edited:
Hey winky1060,
I'm just using the onboard HD530 with no Nvidia card whatsoever. First go into system BIOS and set the Initial Display Out to IGFX. I've attached my Clover directory for you to check out my settings. Good luck. BTW, since I'm using an SSD for my system drive I just followed the instructions below: I also made an edit to my config.plist for the new USB raise port limit for High Sierra and also ran the audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command for getting Audio to work again since the install ruins your previous audio settings. I upgraded directly from 10.12.6 to the official release of High Sierra. Good luck.

Apple is now using APFS (Apple File System) instead of HFS+ for the default file system in macOS High Sierra for solid state drives. If you have a SSD, this guide will auto-convert it to APFS by default. Users with traditional 'spinning' hard disk drives will remain on HFS+ by default. Using APFS with Clover requires copying the apfs.efi file from the installer to your Clover EFI. If you would like to update without converting to APFS use the HFS+ guide below.

1. Update your existing Clover install to v4173+ using MultiBeast or official Clover package.

2. Open Clover configuration folder on the root of your system drive or EFI Partition using EFI Mounter v3. Copy FakeSMC.kext and any other extra necessary kexts to /EFI/CLOVER/kexts/Other/. If you need essential kexts, download them here.

4. Download Install macOS High Sierra Application from the Mac App Store. When complete, the app will open. Please note, the Application will disappear after use.

5. Choose system drive for install (Example: Macintosh HD). When complete, the computer will automatically reboot.

6. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot macOS Install option (Example: Boot macOS Install from Macintosh HD). Choosing your system drive will go back to your previous installation without updating.

7. Complete the installation process- the computer will automatically reboot a few times.

8. At Clover boot screen, choose Boot macOS option (Example: Boot macOS from Macintosh HD). The computer will then complete the update.

Thanks for the reply and your clover settings. I will try this and let you know how it goes.

Hey winky1060,

Hey In-N-Out, I got the same motherboard with 6700k and I installed with APFS format on 960 evo nvme ssd, it took me like a minute to boot, it's not like super slow but it's definitely not as fast as before. I was wondering how long does it take for yours to boot up? Thanks!

I've checked my config.plist vs yours, pretty much identical settings, except I generated cpu p states and I used fix_shutdown.

Hey winky1060,

Hey In-N-Out,

I am still having problems getting HS installed. Now my installation freezes about half way loading. I tried in -v mode and got the same exact information when installing Sierra, but HS will not begin to install, but Sierra installs. I'm thinking maybe I have something in my bios that is preventing me. I used your guide and plist and kext as a guide and still nothing. If possible, could you please let me know what bios version you are using and what are your current bios settings. I am just trying to go thru the process of elimination. Any info would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Hey In-N-Out, I got the same motherboard with 6700k and I installed with APFS format on 960 evo nvme ssd, it took me like a minute to boot, it's not like super slow but it's definitely not as fast as before. I was wondering how long does it take for yours to boot up? Thanks!

I've checked my config.plist vs yours, pretty much identical settings, except I generated cpu p states and I used fix_shutdown.

Hey trio21,

Could you also please send your plist and bios version and settings. Maybe one of these will help me. Thanks in advance.

Hey trio21,

Could you also please send your plist and bios version and settings. Maybe one of these will help me. Thanks in advance.
My bios is the latest, run a search for bios settings, plist as said before is the same.
During install, I used -v, disable Nvidia Drivers, and don’t reboot when kernel panic or something like that in clover

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back