Contribute
Register

Successful High Sierra Installation on Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH System

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have also problem to convert my USBs on MacBook pro High Sierra everytime diskutil finished with error:( discutil_error.jpeg

Actually I've resolved my issue by buying new motherboard, processor, memory and power supply and.... so far all without a single problem. I just kept my hard drives, BCM94630CD card and Nvidia GT740. Maybe later I'm gonna determine which of my previous component was malfunctioning. Anyway thanks for trying to help.

I have also problem to convert my USBs on MacBook pro High Sierra everytime diskutil finished with error:(View attachment 291556

I found that formatting it first as Untitled, default setting, then formatting it again and naming it USB worked.

In-N-Out, thank so much for posting your clover files, I have the same mobo and was stuck with a direct update and a fresh install. Using your settings im now in High Sierra with sound, wifi, and my Nvidia 1070 working!

One question since im back on my original configs now: which solution did you settle on for the USB ports ?

Hey winky1060,
I'm just using the onboard HD530 with no Nvidia card whatsoever. First go into system BIOS and set the Initial Display Out to IGFX. I've attached my Clover directory for you to check out my settings. Good luck. BTW, since I'm using an SSD for my system drive I just followed the instructions below: I also made an edit to my config.plist for the new USB raise port limit for High Sierra and also ran the audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command for getting Audio to work again since the install ruins your previous audio settings. I upgraded directly from 10.12.6 to the official release of High Sierra. Good luck.

mikehi, I'm just using USBinjectAll.kext along with the new Raise Port Limit for High Sierra (see below):

Screen Shot 2017-11-17 at 9.09.07 AM.png

Hi In-N-Out. I was just wondering if you have Auto sleep working?

Hi In-N-Out. I was just wandering if you have auto sleep working in High sierra 10.13.1 with APFS. I have it working with HFS but cant seem to find a solution for APFS.
Manual sleep works fine but with auto only the monitor shuts down. If you do then maybe I can try your clover settings. Cheers.

Hi johnnylemar: Sleep isn't the problem here, its waking from sleep that is. No success regarding that issue on any of the OS releases I've tried so far. My first Hackintosh OS was El Capitan, followed by Sierra, and now High Sierra. :(

Last edited:
Hi johnnylemar: Sleep isn't the problem here, its waking from sleep that is. No success regarding that issue on any of the OS releases I've tried so far. My first Hackintosh OS was El Capitan, followed by Sierra, and now High Sierra. :(
Thanks for your reply. sleep and wake works fine for me in HFS both auto and manual. Its just in APFS manual sleep and wake works ok but auto just shuts the monitor and leaves everything else running. The monitor wakes ok though. I'm going to try your clover settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back