Contribute
Register

Successful High Sierra Installation on Gigabyte GA-Z170X-UD5 TH System

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. The system in on the apfs SSD but there's no EFI so I have to put the USB to make it start. Are you telling me that, at the moment, there's no way to boot HS from an SSD with APFS format? :(

Multibeast hasn't been released yet for HS. :) You have to make sure you're running the latest version of Clover and you've put apfs.efi in your Clover directory under drivers64UEFI (see below). With regard to the drivers you can just manually extract them from the latest multibeast. I just had to extract IntelMausiEthernet-v2.3.0.pkg and run it manually. For sound just run Toleda's audio_cloverALC-130_v0.3.command. Good luck and read, read, read. :)

View attachment 289854

In-N-Out can you advice how to create bootable USB for installing High Sierra please? I tried UniBeast 8 but having issue "disk3s1: 0x3e8 (UNDEFINED)". I tried usb hub and many things I found around here, but no success. Thank You.

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/

Note: Unibeast 8.0 when I tested it worked fine for me. Although I used the below method for both 10.13 and 10.13.1

Follow these instructions making sure to use the 1st command in Step 2. Also make sure to copy that whole line into terminal (see below):

Screen Shot 2017-11-07 at 8.17.22 PM.png

The whole command line entry should be this:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

Last edited:
I have 2 issues in High Sierra

First issue
After Installing: High Sierra did not working until added 0x12345678 in FakeID through booting.

Second issue
Graphic card read (Intel HD Graphics 530 3 MB)
I used Unibeast 8 & MultiBeast 10.0 >> Can you help me??

My Computer hardware:
i5-6500 Skylake
Gigabyte GA Z170X-GAMING 3
Kingston HyperX FURY 2400MHz 8GB DDR4
Kingston SSDNow SUV400S37/480G (Format: APFS)
HDD Western Digital 1TB

https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...h-sierra-public-beta-installation-usb.225520/

Note: Unibeast 8.0 when I tested it worked fine for me. Although I used the below method for both 10.13 and 10.13.1

Follow these instructions making sure to use the 1st command in Step 2. Also make sure to copy that whole line into terminal (see below):

View attachment 290863

The whole command line entry should be this:

sudo /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app/Contents/Resources/createinstallmedia --volume /Volumes/USB --applicationpath /Applications/Install\ macOS\ High\ Sierra.app --nointeraction

Thank You, unfortunately does not work for me. Downloaded High Sierra Installer from the AppStore, formatting USB following the guide, run the command create install media, installing Clover ...all done on my MacBook Air. Still the same error. What I don't understand is that Sierra USB installer created using Unibeast 7 works flawlessly on the same computer. When I compare config.plist for High Sierra and Sierra USB installer the only difference between them is "MATS", "IntelGFX 0x12345678" and the USB port limit patch. Frustrating, don't know what else to try...

What is this device? disk3s1: 0x3e8 (UNDEFINED) Issue the command from terminal diskutil list Did you try another USB drive?

What is this device? disk3s1: 0x3e8 (UNDEFINED) Issue the command from terminal diskutil list Did you try another USB drive?
I tried 3 USB drivers and all the motherboard´s USBs. As far as I know disk3s1 is the USB drive. I’ve got the same motherboard as you, the same BIOS version and same setting. Just integrated gpu, disconnected all except kbd and mouse. Hard to find out the source od problem, I’m not expert. Maybe memory mulfunction, don’t know. I try reflash BIOS.
I was running Sierra for several months without any issue. Problems started with 10.12.6 Update.

What options are you using to format the USB drives, and you are naming the drive USB? Clearly something isn't right there.

Formated it OSX Extended journaled and GUID, name “USB” also tried “Untitled”.

I can only guess, it’s like the USB raise port limit for High Sierra is not working.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back