Contribute
Register

successful Gigabyte P55M-UD2 / F11 Mavericks install

Status
Not open for further replies.
no u dont need uni stick to make changes in mb. use flag GraphicsEnabler=Yes for your gfx card

Thought I'd report another successful install based on the instructions in this thread. Thanks everyone!

Right now, sleep and auto sleep are both working for me with "darkwake=10". For those of you new to this, here's the thread that has the relevant information:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...e-0-flag-can-break-auto-sleep-10-8-1-a-5.html

(Sleep is actually not working ... the machine is not waking up properly. It could well be the two kext's I've installed, but not sure yet)

The major hiccups I had had to do needing to enable the onboard IDE controller so that I can use my DVD burner, and finding the driver for my old PCI Intel gigabit Ethernet cards.

For the IDE issue, I finally found this thread (after two days of poking!):
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...61488-no-internal-ata-bus-jmicron-solved.html

As for the gigabit ethernet card, I managed to find a kext (AppleIntelE1000.kext), probably on InsanelyMac but I lost the link. You'll have to google for it.

After I saved these two kext's on my Desktop, I installed them using KextBeast. http://www.tonymacx86.com/downloads.php?do=file&id=32

So to clarify, you were trying to use a different ethernet card, and not the ethernet that's installed on the motherboard?

I still can't get my internet working. Network settings says my cable is unplugged, though it is plugged in! I really don't know what's causing it, and I've tried different network options in Multibeast with no results.

The Energy setting "Start Up Automatically ..." did the trick on my P55M-UD2. Sleep now works perfectly although it takes about 10secs to power down.

Thanks! This fixed my sleep problem too, same p55m-ud2 board. Sleep worked fine before on 10.6.8, and now again on 10.9.3.

EDIT:

Well, now that Apple just released 10.9.4 (which is supposed to address some sleep issues) I wonder if this is still necessary. No time to check right now, but maybe someone else will look into it?

Bringing up this thread again. I've finally decided to Upgrade to Mavericks.
Maybe a few tips and tricks I guess from the community.

Did a fresh install on my TEST DRIVE before fully migrating.

Current Issues:
1. After Multibeast setup and restart, can't seems to completely shut OFF and even properly restart the pc.
2. Sleep/Wake function = FaIL!.

UPDATES and Trials 1:
-Updated my Lion 10.7.5 to Maverick 10.9.4
-Deleted RealtekRTL81xx kext. Shutdown and Restarts good. Sleep/Wake features which sadly not working well, sleep shutdowns the pc. :/
-Tried using RealtekRTL8111 but also failed on Shutdown and Restart...

UPDATES and Trials 2:
-Just re-done everything... Fresh Install OS X Mavericks 10.9.5.
-Still same problem, can't Restart and Shut off PC even if the RealtekRTL81xx is not installed.

UPDATES 3:
Read a lot on how to solve the problem but can't seems to find answers.
Just a bunch of info's that OSX86 Mavericks has issues on Sleep/Wake for Hackintosh.
It seems that our MB already lacks support. :(
EEEERRRRRR....

Last edited:
this is a recap of everything that we collaborated on and figured out here:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/mavericks...art-installation-gigabyte-p55m-ud2-f11-2.html

use the standard Mavericks guide, with these additions.

1] build the unibeast USB install drive. i selected legacy USB support, but not sure if this was a factor or not.

2] download and rename the DSDT file to DSDT.aml and copy it to the USB drive /Extra folder. [this fixes the kb/mouse issue on first boot]

3] boot to USB using these flags:
GraphicsEnabler=Yes, cpus=1, -x, -v

4] when you are ready for "first boot" of mavericks, use these flags:
GraphicsEnabler=Yes, PCIRootUID=1, IGPEnabler=No, Graphics Mode=1680x1050x32, -x, -v
you may end up typing in the blind, as the box for flags is not long enough, just type slowly. replace the Mode numbers with the default/native rez of your monitor.

5] use the attached image for the multibeast options.

enjoy.

Thank you very much! this saved my day!!

I have the same board (p55m-ud2) and asus engt240 silent card.

i had to type the following before booting into the Unibeast USB (in case someone encounter same problem)
GraphicsEnabler=Yes, PCIRootUID=1, IGPEnabler=No, Graphics Mode=1680x1050x32, -x, -v

I also had a "bsd.pkg extraction error" during install. but i tried again with the same Unibeast boot drive, and repartitioned and formated the target drive. This 2nd attempt went smoothly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back