CPU
i7-4770K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Written from the perspective of someone who is switching from Chimera to Clover. Yes iMessages is working as with all other reported clover users.

None of the work listed here is my own; merely gathered tons of posts and articles and put what worked here. Many thanks are owed to the people here who post all this information!

1. Follow the Maverick Clover Guide. Looks like there's a Yosemite one now. It wasn't there when I upgraded, but I assume it works.

2. The guide mentioned above has obvious places that need to be changed for Yosemite. One such part that may cause hesitation is that you will need to create the 10.10 folder in /USB/EFI/CLOVER/kexts yourself.

3. On step 20-25, I went back and used xattr -c on all the files I copied. The reason I did this is because my first attempt to do this resulted in some sort of "unable to verify installation. Image appears to be corrupt" at the very end of the install. Hence I was being extra safe by ensuring all files I created looked the same as the other files.

4. Once the install is complete, go back and don't use MB. Instead, all you need is the Clover Configurator. First copy the minimal config.plist at the end of the guide to /Volume/EFI/EFI/CLOVER (I used config.plist-Standard.zip).
4a. To enable audio, see here and run the command.
4b. To enable TRIM, in your config.plist have the following in your KextsToPatch section:
PHP:
<key>Name</key>
                <string>IOAHCIBlockStorage</string>
                <key>Find</key>
                <data>
                AEFQUExFIFNTRAA=
                </data>
                <key>Replace</key>
                <data>

5. In my build, I noticed that the computer was dying on playing videos. Fix is to follow this site.

6. [edit] To enable HDMI audio, follow toleda's guide.

7. For people with my wireless / bt card. See this.

Thank you for posting this. After reasonable success with Mavericks, I am at my wit's end trying to get Yosemite to run on a mobo like yours with Chimera. (But no graphics card for me.)

Did you have to wipe your Chimera installation and start over, or were you able to install Clo/Yo on top of Chimera? If I have to wipe and start over, I am probably going back to Mavericks.

I seem to be able to get Yosemite to boot up to the login screen, but all USB is unrecognized no matter what settings I choose in MultiBeast. It is tantalizingly close...but if Clover is going to mean a half day of brain surgery after every update, Yosemite isn't worth it.

Thank you for posting this. After reasonable success with Mavericks, I am at my wit's end trying to get Yosemite to run on a mobo like yours with Chimera. (But no graphics card for me.)

Did you have to wipe your Chimera installation and start over, or were you able to install Clo/Yo on top of Chimera? If I have to wipe and start over, I am probably going back to Mavericks.

I seem to be able to get Yosemite to boot up to the login screen, but all USB is unrecognized no matter what settings I choose in MultiBeast. It is tantalizingly close...but if Clover is going to mean a half day of brain surgery after every update, Yosemite isn't worth it.

If you have a UEFI enabled bios, you can install Clover on top of an existing Yosemite installation that you made with unibeast. I personally did wipe everything and go 100% Clover and I'm not looking back. Honestly it wasn't as difficult to figure out as people are indicating especially since tonymac posted a guide step by step on how to use clover.

Granted that I haven't done an update with Clover yet, but I actually think my updates will be less work now because Clover can modify kexts on the fly and thus updates won't wipe out modifications done this way (I think if you still update with MB, it will be wiped out the same as with how we normally operate on Chimera).

7. For people with my wireless / bt card. See this.

I have a quick question on this.

Are you using the combo card that came with this board?

If so how did you get it to be recognized. I have the same setup and everything installed fine when I switched from Chimera except I don't even see the hardware installed.

It was all working in 10.9 with Chimera except Wifi. But I use the BT so any help is appriciated.

I have a quick question on this.

Are you using the combo card that came with this board?

If so how did you get it to be recognized. I have the same setup and everything installed fine when I switched from Chimera except I don't even see the hardware installed.

It was all working in 10.9 with Chimera except Wifi. But I use the BT so any help is appriciated.

No, I'm not using the card that came with the board. But the theory to get it recognized is the same. Follow the link and take a look. For some odd reason the bluetooth didn't kick in until 2 days later and I made no changes. So I don't have a perfect answer for the BT.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back