16GB Adata 1600MHz DDR3
Samsung EVO 500GB SSD
Western Dig. 1TB Data Drive
EVGA GTX 750Ti SC 2GB Video Card
Asus MX279 - 27" LED Monitor
OSX 10.10

BIOS setting that need to be off are Vt-D, and IGP. OS selection: Other OS

Save and reboot

I had a GTX 660 laying around, I installed it to do the install.

Follow the guide on the front page by Tony exactly. I did not have to use any boot flags, install went smooth.

After install, reboot with USB again, except select the HDD where you installed OS X, run MultiBeast for Yosemite with the following settings.

Screen Shot 2014-10-20 at 6.39.52 AM.png

Do not install the Universal USB 3.0, they are not required for this board, only Intel 4,5, and 6 series, also do not select Trim Enabler if you are not using a SSD.

After MultiBeast, shutdown, remove USB stick and start PC.

Download the Web drivers from nVidia here, Install, reboot. (You can also get the Cuda Driver too, but not required)

After reboot, change the settings in nVidia control panel to "Web Driver" (Under "System Preferences" you will see a Nvidia Icon on the bottom)

Shutdown, install GTX 750Ti or any Maxwell card and start PC.

Enjoy

Screen Shot 2014-10-20 at 8.01.00 AM.png

----------------

Other notes.
Leave the id at Mac Pro 3.1, if you try and change it to anything other than 3.1 you will get panics, at least I did, there may be a work around, but I haven't tried to find one yet. if someone else does, please post.

Everything works, no issues with sound returning after sleep as some others report, however, I have my SSD set to on all the time for garbage collection.

i tried adding the gtx 750 after the install using HD 4600 then changing it to NVDIA WEB drivers but verbose boot always hangs at the DrIver: nvidia web, My cpu is an i7-4790S and mobo is an asus h81m-e.
I also installed yosemite but same problem. can you possibly help?

Thanks

First, fix your profile to include your system and what version of OS X, this is actually a requirement to post questions, no Im not the profile po-po's, but it makes it easier to see if there is something other than a cpu and motherboard that may be a culprit, bios version helps as well.

List in detail what you have done in steps so we can see where you went wrong, if the install was successful and where exactly you are hanging at, then post it in the correct forum, this forum is for build guidance and tutorials, not troubleshooting.

Hi, I got the same mobo but i7 4770. Also same GTX 750 Ti, that I remove when I try to install. I've tested every flag I've seen that could work but I don't even get to the installer.

BIOS is v. F4 and I follow Tony's guide exactly. Am I missing something?? Thank you!

Hi,
I just picked up the same board and a 4690K. Did you use a "K" or the regular 4690 - your sig says "K", but you described a plain 4690 in the build. Hopefully everything is working well for you!

Best,

JD

Working Great so far !

Thanks for your Multibeast info for H97M-D3H !!!

Hi, i've that exact same board but my sound isn't working. Already installed ALC892, in fact my Multibeast screenshot looks exactly the same as yours. If I check "Sound" in system preferences there's no audio device recognized. Do you have any idea what could cause this?

Mysterious stuff. I have the same board as well, and wasn't able to get to the installer. Staying with Mavericks for now, until I muster the gumption to give it another shot.

Mysterious stuff. I have the same board as well, and wasn't able to get to the installer. Staying with Mavericks for now, until I muster the gumption to give it another shot.

I'm having the same issue, My build hangs after [IOBluetoothHCICCOntroller] [start] -- completed, after trying to booth with GraphicsEnabler=no, but no luck. I have a 4690K and the same motherboard and GPU.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back