Contribute
Register

<< Solved >> *Successful* Dell Latitude E7270 macOS Catalina Installation 10.15.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASUS M51AC
CPU
i4770
Graphics
GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Hello guys, I was able to successfully prepped and installed macOS Catalina 10.15.4 and updated it to beta 10.15.5 successfully.
I have included the EFI in the attachment in case you need it as well for reference.
PS: you can use the EFI folder for the USB and for your main boot drive. Just change the name to SSD or edit the boot drive from config.plist.

Attachments

• EFI Dell E7270.zip
    14.8 MB · Views: 2,146
  • Screen Shot.png
    Screen Shot.png
    757.9 KB · Views: 958
does bluetooth and wifi working oob ? or need to swap to broadcom card?

Hi, thanks, I was able to successfully install on my e7270 i7.
I installed Clover_r5118.pkg
and on this your EFI folder. The clover start menu does not appear to me, the disk is in apfs format and the installation pendrive with HFS +, is it related? I can only start with the pendrive placed on the laptop.

thanks

I have it installed but very sluggish to point it slows down to nothing. Any ideas?

Two obvious things:

1. Go to the Apple Menu and select "About This Mac", then "System Report", "Graphics Displays". If you don't get any type of graphics acceleration reported, Catalina will grind to a halt.
2. Make sure you are installing on a SSD. Don't run Catalina on a moving hard drive - I tried that on a 2014 Mac mini and wished I hadn't.

the version i am using is 10.15.5. all the clover folders i am using not 10.15.3 & .4 should this make to big of a difference? How can i download older versions?

after restart I does not found mac boot option, can you please help me how to solve this.

Hello guys, I was able to successfully prepped and installed macOS Catalina 10.15.4 and updated it to beta 10.15.5 successfully.
I have included the EFI in the attachment in case you need it as well for reference.
PS: you can use the EFI folder for the USB and for your main boot drive. Just change the name to SSD or edit the boot drive from config.plist.
can you help me? My MacOS option does not show on clover boot screen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back