Graphics
RX 6700 XT
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook Air
  3. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Updated my main system to 11.1 with no issues.

Screenshot 2020-12-14 at 20.09.27.png NVME drive 2

Also updated my Catalina install with a Supplemental update that appears in the System Preferences > Software Update.

Screenshot 2020-12-14 at 20.12.02.png NVME drive 1

Only non-issue I encountered was the Big Sur installer changed the default boot drive from my Catalina drive to the updated Big Sur drive in OpenCore. Simple to change it back.

View attachment 501017 NVME drive 2

Also updated my Catalina install with a Supplemental update that appears in the System Preferences > Software Update.

View attachment 501018 NVME drive 1

Only non-issue I encountered was the Big Sur installer changed the default boot drive from my Catalina drive to the updated Big Sur drive in OpenCore. Simple to change it back.
Hi

just a question I have the same configuration as you and I install OC 0.64 and I have regular KP on start ( before initialization..) could you post your OC config please to see what happen wrong on my OCinstal.. Many thanks

Last edited:
The attached EFI Folder has been created for a Haswell system like yours, BUT using OpenCore 0.6.3 not 0.6.4. So you would need to use the whole EFI Folder, not just the OC folder or config.plist.
  1. I have redacted the MLB, Serial Number and UUID.
  2. I have changed the ROM.
  3. These attributes are all in the NVRAM > Generic section of the config.plist.
  4. You need to add your own MLB, ROM, Serial Number and UUID to get this config to work, using the iMac 15.1 SMBIOS.
Just to be sure, I renamed the config.plist as 'config-no-SN.plist'. I also named the EFI Folder 'EFI copy', so you need to rename the config and main EFI folder for them to be usable.

The Resources Folder contains a cut down Audio folder, this only contains the EN and generic audio files. All other languages were removed to reduce the size of the folder. This with the other Resource's sub-folders and the entries in the config settings generates the OC GUI, instead fo the Picker list.

I would recommend you use this EFI Folder from a spare USB pen drive, do not replace your current EFI OC folder until you are sure it works, and preferably works better than your current folder.

Attachments

• EFI copy.zip
    8.2 MB · Views: 136
The attached EFI Folder has been created for a Haswell system like yours, BUT using OpenCore 0.6.3 not 0.6.4. So you would need to use the whole EFI Folder, not just the OC folder or config.plist.
  4. You need to add your own MLB, ROM, Serial Number and UUID to get this config to work, using the iMac 15.1 SMBIOS.
Just to be sure, I renamed the config.plist as 'config-no-SN.plist'. I also named the EFI Folder 'EFI copy', so you need to rename the config and main EFI folder for them to be usable.

The Resources Folder contains a cut down Audio folder, this only contains the EN and generic audio files. All other languages were removed to reduce the size of the folder. This with the other Resource's sub-folders and the entries in the config settings generates the OC GUI, instead fo the Picker list.

I would recommend you use this EFI Folder from a spare USB pen drive, do not replace your current EFI OC folder until you are sure it works, and preferably works better than your current folder.
Maybe it is different for Haswell but I used the same config.plist from 6.3 to 6.4! This is not always the case with OC updates but they did not move any settings in this build.

Many thanks::::

@scottkendall I thought the whole point in the updates between the OC versions was that we used the latest sample.plist as a base for our config.plist. As there is a revised sample.plist provided with each release.

The new sample.plist contains the latest attributes/quirks etc for OC with the old/obsolete attributes/quirks removed. This way we start with a config that contains the compatible entries for the latest version of OC.

If you use a config designed for an older version surely you miss out on the new features and retain the old attributes/quirks, which no longer work. Unless you manually add and remove the new and obsolete attributes and quirks.

@scottkendall I thought the whole point in the updates between the OC versions was that we used the latest sample.plist as a base for our config.plist. As there is a revised sample.plist provided with each release.

The new sample.plist contains the latest attributes/quirks etc for OC with the old/obsolete attributes/quirks removed. This way we start with a config that contains the compatible entries for the latest version of OC.

If you use a config designed for an older version surely you miss out on the new features and retain the old attributes/quirks, which no longer work. Unless you manually add and remove the new and obsolete attributes and quirks.

When you run the sanity checker or the checker built into apps such as open core configurator it will tell you if something was removed, added, moved. If nothing was removed added or moved then no changes need to be made. If the actual quirk was modified that is part of the boot loader and not actually part of the config. There is a sample.plist included with each release because they assume that with each release there will be new people. As I noted this was the case this time. Other point releases could have lots moved, added, removed, items causing you to have to modify your config.plist extensively.

View attachment 501017 NVME drive 2

View attachment 501018 NVME drive 1

Hello. Please, could you share your efi folder updated to version 0.7.0, if you have it currently updated, please?

I would greatly appreciate it.
Thank you.

It wouldn’t work with your Coffee Lake system, as it is set for a Haswell Refresh CPU & Z97 motherboard.

If you don't mind, I can try it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back