Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] [Zotac H55-ITX A-E] [XFX HD 5770] [i5 760]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a zotac h55 with the latest bios and tried to install a Saphire 5770 and the machine blips and won't boot up. As soon as I disconnect the PCIe molex connector from the card it boots no problem. Now I know this is symptomatic of a bad or underpowered PSU but I just installed an OCZ GameXtreme 850w PSU and it still doesn't work.

I checked the bios and there was a force 1.0 compliance which I disabled. Any other thoughts? I want to ditch my 8400gs. Could the card be bad?

Update--it seems the card was defective. I bought a Gigabyte HD5770 super over clock and it worked fine.

Cheers,
Rob

I was wondering did any of you who built using similar specs have issues with connecting your iphone to itunes or verifying the machine with the app store?

ajuarez82 said:
I was wondering did any of you who built using similar specs have issues with connecting your iphone to itunes or verifying the machine with the app store?

Hi there,

Yeah it's somehow very strange but my iPhone stopped being able to sync after I installed the iOS5.. Before it ran perfectly on my mobo (using Mactition's DSDT). So now I sync my iDevices through wifi and with my MacBook, otherwise it's a no go.

About the app store or iCloud, no problems whatsoever :).

Grtz

About the ITX-A-E build:
So far I'm running as vanilla as possible on 10.7.3.

Kexts that are still needed on my system are:
* hnaks ethernet
* alc888
* modified nvhal50

About my system; I have the i3-540 which is factory clocked at 3,07GHz.
Some days ago, I managed to overclock this up to 3,75GHz.
Although it's not that much, it kinda boosted my linux Ubuntu system while my OS X Lion partition just wouldn't accept it; after some time, it would just KP on me...

Anyone who can help me with this?

Grtz

Hey guys, I've used a kext to get my board working using the Intel HD Graphics, but don't know how to install Lion using it. I have a HD 5450 to use for nstallstion purposes if that will help? Then I can install it afterwards?

Also ATM I'm trying to get the 10.6.7 update. Or is it work going straight to the 10.7.8? How do I stop it from restarting? Thanks!

Hi all

Just wanted to say that this build is still alive and running OS X 10.8 ML awesomely =).

The only kexts needed were:
* Hnak's ethernet kext
* ALC888

ML is so darn smooth, it's really fun playing with it =).

Grtz

Hi all

Just wanted to say that this build is still alive and running OS X 10.8 ML awesomely =).

The only kexts needed were:
* Hnak's ethernet kext
* ALC888

ML is so darn smooth, it's really fun playing with it =).

Grtz

just a curiosity: I have an old system based on the zotac h55 itx a-e, still running on Snowleopard 10.6.8...I have never bothered to upgrade because i wasn't using it at all.

Currently I need a backup machine, and I would **** to upgrade the OS.

How is your experience? which system are you currently running?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back