Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Ziglen’s Build: i7-3930k - GA-X79-UD5 - 4GB RAM - EVGA GeForce GT 640

Status
Not open for further replies.
upgraded to 10.8.2 and that killed my installation.. osx doesn't start anymore.. endless wait on boot screen.

try boot with -x -v. if works install all the kexts.

tried.. didn't

hm, looks I have to reinstall with a 10.8.2 usb drive... man that means I really have to do a lot stuff.
I guess its better to wait for 10.8.3.. should come soon.

Hmmm, if it's the same system then I wonder what the problem is? :think:
I'm not having any version issues; just a self created, stupidity glitch :banghead: that's too inconsequential to bother with.

Anyone else get stuck at
"still waiting for root device"

I like your build. I want to build myself a similar graphics software. I have a card from my current system Asus Radeon HD5850. Do you think that it will be fully operational in this system? After all, the card is not new and is even on my MacOS 10.6.8 working fully.
And another question: how to build your sound? Is it normal to detect the sound card on the motherboard? Output only stereo or more channels available on the analog output?

Dear Guys ,

The X 79 UD5 Board and 3930K processor combo is a real pain in the a** .... everyone here agrees ....
How come it is there in the Tony Mac Customac List .....Someone please setup an installer
just for the Sandy Bridge - E setups before putting back X 79 UD5 in the Customac List ....
otherwise the above combo should be removed from the Customac List as it is Really misleading .....
I have tried other boards/processors like the H77DS3H ,77XUP5TH from the Customac List and they
are all just fine ......so ..... what do you say Tony .......

Not that easy.. every board and build has had its problems, but with this wonderful board you are able to solve all problems.
If you want to go the save way, take older hardware, but there is no reason to take it away from recommended builds, as it works.
Its also not that easy to blame tonymacx installer. When I did my build and locked here people had an easy job with an older bios version, while I struggled with the new one. And honestly it was a nightmare to install windows on the same system. So in that case gigabyte is the one to blame.

I've got to agree. That the tonymac setup software doesn't work with this particular system doesn't negate the fact that it does work & extremely well at that once you have the right kexts installed for the components you have. Would be nice if this mobo & chip setup conformed to the standard setups tonymac has put together but c'est la vie...

Is there still a need to install Snow Leopard? I noticed that Ziglen's instructions start off with Mountain Lion. Please verify. Also, thanks go out to Ziglen for his research and diligent work to make this possible. THANK YOU ZIGLEN!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back