Contribute
Register

[Success] Z97 Deluxe El Capitan Install 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks a lot for this guide Critical, so far the best I have seen and successfully applied. I just follow the steps one by one. My gear: i7 Z97 Deluxe + GTX 760

I don't have audio, ethernet, wifi neither bluetooth. I am newly kackintosher... Anyone can suggest to use Multibeast for the final tunning? Would it be correct or I can damage the actual set up?

EDIT: Wondering to use CLOVER or MULTIBEAST 8 to solve above problems... Anyone could drop a success guide for fine tunning El Capitan 10.11.3?

if you followed the instructions from the first page, you would have ethernet and audio working, think there maybe a bluetooth fix knocking around the other pages :)

Yes, I did five times already :D:banghead:

if you followed the instructions from the first page, you would have ethernet and audio working, think there maybe a bluetooth fix knocking around the other pages :)

Did you follow all the steps successfully? I have tried many times, starting from scratch. I have the latest bios driver and here is my main config of the motherboard:

Option 1:

image6.jpegimage1.jpegimage5.jpegimage3.jpegimage2.jpeg

Option 2, same as above but disabling HD Audio controller:

image7.jpegimage4.jpeg

None of them made the audio worked... I don't know what could be the problem. In one of the trials withh the HD Audio controller disable I installed the ALC1150 drivers, thats the Audio model for the Z97 Deluxe motherboard exactly the same used for Critycal guide.... but it didn't work!

I used multibeast 6.0.1 as I read version 6.1 has bugs.

So, any advised? because I have repeated the guide 5 times and no success... Please, help :crazy:

Did you follow all the steps successfully? I have tried many times, starting from scratch. I have the latest bios driver and here is my main config of the motherboard:

Option 1:

View attachment 180691View attachment 180687View attachment 180690View attachment 180689View attachment 180688

Option 2, same as above but disabling HD Audio controller:

View attachment 180693View attachment 180692

None of them made the audio worked... I don't know what could be the problem. In one of the trials withh the HD Audio controller disable I installed the ALC1150 drivers, thats the Audio model for the Z97 Deluxe motherboard exactly the same used for Critycal guide.... but it didn't work!

I used multibeast 6.0.1 as I read version 6.1 has bugs.

So, any advised? because I have repeated the guide 5 times and no success... Please, help :crazy:

try disabling secure boot, you may need to bootup using nv_disable=1 until you install nvidia web driver.

i didn't even use multibeat as all i did was to install clover and then copy my kexts over and install the audio script from the OP. i have attached my clover thingy for you, i have removed entries for the smbios etc but i used mac 14,2

i have noticed my mobo is different as it is the pro gamer but should be fine if you done exactly from the OP don't think my board has bluetooth or wifi

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 319
I did not try this as it is not specified in Critical's guide but I wiull try... Anyways, I use nv_disable=1 for booting all the time.

BTW, I am using EL Capitan 10.11.3 version... I guess Critycal used the 10.11 version and no the latest.

Which HD Audio option is the correct one? HD Audio Controller = disable or in Front Panel Audio switch from HD Audio to AC97?

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for replying... I haven't seen the sun for 3 days already :crazy:

I did not try this as it is not specified in Critical's guide but I wiull try... Anyways, I use nv_disable=1 for booting all the time.

BTW, I am using EL Capitan 10.11.3 version... I guess Critycal used the 10.11 version and no the latest.

Which HD Audio option is the correct one? HD Audio Controller = disable or in Front Panel Audio switch from HD Audio to AC97?

EDIT: Oh, and thanks for replying... I haven't seen the sun for 3 days already :crazy:

not sure what the audio settings were in the BIOS as i left them as they were, i have to go out to work in a min and won't be back until later on. i used the 10.11.3 install

you only need to use nv_disable=1 until you have installed the web driver then you remove that entry and enable nvda_drv=1

i have added in my kexts i use (see above for my config!)

Attachments

• Archive.zip
    47.2 KB · Views: 194
Well, after three days in underwear, no shower... no sun!! I am happy to say I success the installation folllowing this guide and skipping step 17 and straight install the drivers of my sound card (ALC1150) from Multibeast 8.1.0 :headbang: the only things is that sound comes out from the REAR OUT connector and not from the LINE OUT connector.

Still no wifi nor Bluetooth but... I DON'T CARE!! :D

Thanks to all help and hope that my experience helps others to success!!

Well, after three days in underwear, no shower... no sun!! I am happy to say I success the installation folllowing this guide and skipping step 17 and straight install the drivers of my sound card (ALC1150) from Multibeast 8.1.0 :headbang: the only things is that sound comes out from the REAR OUT connector and not from the LINE OUT connector.

Still no wifi nor Bluetooth but... I DON'T CARE!! :D

Thanks to all help and hope that my experience helps others to success!!

glad you got it working :clap:, you could try this for BT and Wifi: https://github.com/toleda/wireless_half-mini

This worked for me for ASUS Z97-a USB3.1 on a fresh 10.11.2 install.

Install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext from the latest distribution here. https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fake-pci-id/downloads and USBInjectAll.kext from the latest distribution here. https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads Put them in /Volume/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11... on your system boot drive. This is done by opening Clover Configurator, mount EFI and dragging and dropping them to the directory.

Then with the EFI mounted, double click on config.plist to load the config to Clover Configurator, go to Acpi, under the DSDT -> Patches, click on the small "+" sign to the bottom right of the box to add patches. 2 are needed.

Comment Find* Replace
Change EHC1 to EHC01 45484331 45483031
Change EHC2 to EHC02 45484332 45483032

go to Boot section, in the Custom Flags box, add:
-uia_exclude_hs

File -> Save. Then close clover configurator. Click away the warning about not able to save different versions. Reboot and enjoy!

Well thank you so much, you and RehabMan for the analyse and solution of the pb.
THIS worked fine for my ASUS Z97 Pro (wi-fi ac) motherboard based configuration, after long investigation...
All the best ;)

Hey bud! We have the same exact set up but for the life of me I can't get this black screen, I do everything like you say and when I click the external drive to install mac
i get a crash and get a reboot, why isn't this working for me, we literally have the same set up :banghead::banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back