Contribute
Register

[Success] Z97 Deluxe El Capitan Install 10.11

Status
Not open for further replies.
This worked for me for ASUS Z97-a USB3.1 on a fresh 10.11.2 install.

Install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext from the latest distribution here. https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fake-pci-id/downloads and USBInjectAll.kext from the latest distribution here. https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads Put them in /Volume/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11... on your system boot drive. This is done by opening Clover Configurator, mount EFI and dragging and dropping them to the directory.

Then with the EFI mounted, double click on config.plist to load the config to Clover Configurator, go to Acpi, under the DSDT -> Patches, click on the small "+" sign to the bottom right of the box to add patches. 2 are needed.

Comment Find* Replace
Change EHC1 to EHC01 45484331 45483031
Change EHC2 to EHC02 45484332 45483032

go to Boot section, in the Custom Flags box, add:
-uia_exclude_hs

File -> Save. Then close clover configurator. Click away the warning about not able to save different versions. Reboot and enjoy!

Install FakePCIID.kext and FakePCIID_XHCIMux.kext from the latest distribution here. https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-fake-pci-id/downloads and USBInjectAll.kext from the latest distribution here. https://bitbucket.org/RehabMan/os-x-usb-inject-all/downloads Put them in /Volume/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kexts/10.11... on your system boot drive. This is done by opening Clover Configurator, mount EFI and dragging and dropping them to the directory.

Then with the EFI mounted, double click on config.plist to load the config to Clover Configurator, go to Acpi, under the DSDT -> Patches, click on the small "+" sign to the bottom right of the box to add patches. 2 are needed.

Comment Find* Replace

-uia_exclude_hs

File -> Save. Then close clover configurator. Click away the warning about not able to save different versions. Reboot and enjoy!

Thanks so much!! I am also running an ASUS Z97-A, and these fixes, along with Critycal's original guide have got me up and running, 100%... I did also use Multibeast to install the Kexts for the Realtec ALC892 audio, and the Intel ie1000e, for ethernet. Also, at least on this board, it is helpful to ENABLE the HDA audio in the BIOS if you want it to work. I DID NOT use the "audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0j" command, I just installed the kexts. Also, the solution to the pervasive USB 3 problem, for me, was to ENABLE EHCI Hand-Off in the BIOS. My USB 3 Drive is indicating a USB 3 Connection on all of my USB 3 Ports (sigh of relief).

This might all be obvious but it took me a couple tries to get it so I figured I'd post it here for illiterates such as myself.

Please tell us if your built-in bluetooth works. If yes can you explain how you managed to do it?

I've managed to make the builtin bluetooth work on 1 workstation.. And I have no idea why (I have 2 z97 deluxe workstations)

Still trying to figure it what exactly made the bluetooth work

i had sound issues too, and i would mount efi partition with clover configurator then i would re run the 1150 scrip again, i did this 3 times and i have not had any sound issues for about a week and a half
Hi,
Could you please share with me this script

Hi, thank you for the awesome step by step instruction!

After I did the step 15. To enable TRIM... the reboot is now frozen at the black/white apple logo loading bar.. wasn't sure what's going on. Any insight on this issue?

Also, after I installed the NVIDIA web driver.. my reboot just gets stuck at the black/white apple logo loading screen as well.. I don't know how to fix this, I followed your steps to point. I have tried many methods and every time its hands on reboot after I install the nvidia web driver.. I'm all out of options.. I can't even boot in with nv_disable=1 with boot arg.. Please, please help!

It always gets stuck here: (see below)
IMG_1275.jpg

My build specs are:
Asus z97-a Motherboard
EVGA GTX 970

Thank you so much!

Hi, thank you for the awesome step by step instruction!

After I did the step 15. To enable TRIM... the reboot is now frozen at the black/white apple logo loading bar.. wasn't sure what's going on. Any insight on this issue?

Also, after I installed the NVIDIA web driver.. my reboot just gets stuck at the black/white apple logo loading screen as well.. I don't know how to fix this, I followed your steps to point. I have tried many methods and every time its hands on reboot after I install the nvidia web driver.. I'm all out of options.. I can't even boot in with nv_disable=1 with boot arg.. Please, please help!

It always gets stuck here: (see below)
View attachment 172746

My build specs are:
Asus z97-a Motherboard
EVGA GTX 970

Thank you so much!

EDIT: If anyone is having this issue as well after installation of their Nvidia Web Driver, this is the solution!
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...ions-el-capitan-install-problems.html#CopyEFI

13. Run Clover Configurator leave it open, got to finder and under devices you should see an HDD thats says EFI, go to EFI/CLOVER and in there click on config.plist. This should update the current Clover Configurator window with the settings found in the config.plist file you clicked, now on Clover Configurator select the "ACPI" section on the left, check "Generate P states" and "Generate C states", check C2 through C7. In the "Boot" section make sure "dart=0", "nv_disable=1" and "rootless=0" is checked, everything else should be unchecked, Enter "El Capitan" (your boot volume's name) as your "Default Boot Volume", set the timeout to 5 or 10 seconds. In the SMBIOS section, click the magic wand, select Mac Pro / MacPro3,1. Now hit File and Save. Close the Clover window and quit the Clover app. Ignore any messages about permanent version storage.

14. Reboot the computer, hit F8 to select the drive to boot from, pick the UEFI: El Capitan drive this time (we ejected and removed the USB drive earlier so it should not show up anymore). If your El Capitan drive is not preselected, highlight it. All Clover boot options were set by Clover Configurator, so you should now only have to hit Enter or wait 5/10 seconds for the boot process to start.

After reboot I can no longer boot into OS X with or without the USB installer. I've tried bootflags "dart=0" and "nv_disable=1" just like before even though that was set within Clover Configurator but I get nothing. I get the apple logo with a loading bar, the loading bar goes to halfway to about 3/4 really fast and then slows way down, eventually reaches 100% and then hangs. It shouldn't do that at all, the load bar should load quickly and then I'm greeted with my profile in OS X.

If I try to boot without the USB inserted I get "select proper boot drive" message - hitting F11 for boot options and my only boot options are "AHCI PO: Kingston" which is my SSD and an entry titled "Mac OS X" - neither of them lead me to anywhere else but "select proper boot volume. I don't get any option like "UEFI: Mac SSD" (which is what I titled my SSD when I formatted and installed OS X) I wish I did.

Here's a picture of me trying to boot into OS X with the Unibeast installer. Using bootflags "dart=0" and "nv_disable=1" in verbose mode

EDIT-
I'm able to boot into OS X after hitting space bar on my SSD within the Unibeast install drive and selecting boot with injecting kexts. No other boot flags entered in options. I will try to continue the guide from this point.

Attachments

• IMG_20160122_231333.jpg
    IMG_20160122_231333.jpg
    833.1 KB · Views: 130
I'm also having the same problem... :banghead:

CPU: i7 4790K
Gigabyte Z97X-UD3H-BK
Gigabyte GTX 950 OC

Please help!

Comment Find* Replace

-uia_exclude_hs

yes! that worked a treat! :)

Thanks a lot for this guide Critical, so far the best I have seen and successfully applied. I just follow the steps one by one. My gear: i7 Z97 Deluxe + GTX 760

I don't have audio, ethernet, wifi neither bluetooth. I am newly kackintosher... Anyone can suggest to use Multibeast for the final tunning? Would it be correct or I can damage the actual set up?

EDIT: Wondering to use CLOVER or MULTIBEAST 8 to solve above problems... Anyone could drop a success guide for fine tunning El Capitan 10.11.3?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back