CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
RX 5500 XT
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
Z97 Deluxe El Capitan Install (Latest Bios)

System Specs
Asus Z97 Deluxe
Intel i7-4790K
Corsair Dominator 16GB 2133
Corsair 120GB SSD
GTX980Ti
Atec 1200 PSU

This is how I succeeded

1. I created my El Capitan USB installer using tonymacx86’s guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

2. Download: El Capitan Post Install Tools , Clover Configurator, Nvidia Web Driver v.346.03.02f02, CloverALC110 script, copy to USB installer you just created or a separate USB, I personally skip this because I’m using an iMac wifi/bluetooth card on a pci-e adapter and was able to connect to wifi and download the files

3. The BIOS settings:
integrated GPU disabled
VT-d may be left enabled (it's overriden by the "dart=0" boot setting)
HDA audio disabled
CSM disabled, boot mode: UEFI other OS

4. Turn on Hackintosh computer with the USB stick plugged in and at Asus Logo hit F8 several times to select your USB boot drive, select UEFI: (name of the USB drive)

5. The Clover boot screen should show up, go to Options, hit enter on Boot Args and after "dart=0" add "nv_disable=1”(space between them dart=0 nv_disable=1) and hit enter, go down to return, select the icon with the installer (labelled "External"), and hit Enter

6. Select your language and select Disk Utility from the Utilities menu. Find your disk, click on Erase, name the drive El Capitan, format: OS X Extended (Journalled), scheme: GUID, click Erase and Done, close the Window, hit Continue, Continue, Agree, select your destination disk (El Capitan) and click on Continue again

7. The installation shouldn't take very long (10 minutes), so wait it out and when the computer restarts hit F8 to select the USB boot drive. Pick UEFI: (name of the USB drive).

8. In the Clover boot screen go to Options hit enter on Boot Args and after "dart=0" add "nv_disable=1”(space between them dart=0 nv_disable=1) and hit enter, go down to return and DO NOT select your USB drive this time, pick the one labelled HFS El Capitan.

9. Finish the installation skip iCloud for now, create a local account, don't send diagnostics to Apple.

10. You should be now running OS X. Go to System Settings/Security*&*Privacy and set "Allow apps downloaded from anywhere

11. Open Finder, click on the USB stick, and copy the “downloads from step 2” to your desktop. Eject the USB drive and physically remove the stick from your computer

12. From the "Post Installation" folder on your desktop run Clover_v2.3k_r3270_UEFI. after that run CustomMac Essentials.pkg.

13. Run Clover Configurator leave it open, got to finder and under devices you should see an HDD thats says EFI, go to EFI/CLOVER and in there click on config.plist. This should update the current Clover Configurator window with the settings found in the config.plist file you clicked, now on Clover Configurator select the "ACPI" section on the left, check "Generate P states" and "Generate C states", check C2 through C7. In the "Boot" section make sure "dart=0", "nv_disable=1" and "rootless=0" is checked, everything else should be unchecked, Enter "El Capitan" (your boot volume's name) as your "Default Boot Volume", set the timeout to 5 or 10 seconds. In the SMBIOS section, click the magic wand, select Mac Pro / MacPro3,1. Now hit File and Save. Close the Clover window and quit the Clover app. Ignore any messages about permanent version storage.

14. Reboot the computer, hit F8 to select the drive to boot from, pick the UEFI: El Capitan drive this time (we ejected and removed the USB drive earlier so it should not show up anymore). If your El Capitan drive is not preselected, highlight it. All Clover boot options were set by Clover Configurator, so you should now only have to hit Enter or wait 5/10 seconds for the boot process to start.

15. To enable TRIM, open Terminal and type "sudo trimforce enable" without quotes. Enter 'y' twice and wait for the computer to reboot. Boot into OS X as shown earlier.

16. Install the Nvidia web driver. Run the installer but don't click on the Reboot button after the installation is completed. Keep the installer open and run Clover Configurator. Clover Configurator will open and a smaller window will open as well click on Mount EFI Partitions and the small window goes away, on Clover Configurator bottom right hit Mount EFI Partitions this will mount your EFI Partition. Got to finder and under devices you should see an HDD thats says EFI, go to EFI/CLOVER and in there click on config.plist. This should update the current Clover Configurator window with the settings found in the config.plist file you clicked, now go to the "Boot" section, uncheck "nv_disable=1" and check "nvda_drv=1". Leave "rootless=0" and "dart=0" checked. File Save, close, quit Clover. Reboot by clicking on the restart button in the Nvidia installer window.

17. After reboot run Clover Configurator. Clover Configurator will open and a smaller window will open as well click on Mount EFI Partitions and the small window goes away, on Clover Configurator bottom right hit Mount EFI Partitions this will mount your EFI Partition leave Clover Configurator alone and run the audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0j.command this will open a terminal window enter your password type y enter, y enter, y enter, y enter wait for it to complete then quit terminal and Clover Configurator and reboot, after reboot got to settings sound output and select internal speakers and you should have sound now

18. You can now select your HDD to boot directly to El Capitan if you want

after step 9. I clone my hard drive with carbon copy cloner just in case
step 16. is to enable nvidia graphics a full speed instead of 7 MB and linear glitchy window, i did this for my GTX 980Ti
iMessage works when it wants to
No audio after waking from sleep, reboot needed

Hope it helps

I added images of my bios options, I also upgraded my graphics card to a EVGA GTX 1080 FTW which is only for windows 10 dual boot, for OS X I use the integrated graphics with 2 screens, acer 4k for gtx 1080 and integrated graphics for a regular 1080p resolution screen, hope pictures help someone, let me know if you need screen shots of my clover configurator

Attachments

• thumb_IMG_0022_1024.jpg
    thumb_IMG_0022_1024.jpg
    191.5 KB · Views: 1,723
  • IMG_0310.jpg
    IMG_0310.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,584
  • IMG_0311.jpg
    IMG_0311.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,533
  • IMG_0312.jpg
    IMG_0312.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,613
  • IMG_0313.jpg
    IMG_0313.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,449
  • IMG_0314.jpg
    IMG_0314.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,471
  • IMG_0315.jpg
    IMG_0315.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,443
  • IMG_0316.jpg
    IMG_0316.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,429
  • IMG_0317.jpg
    IMG_0317.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 1,349
  • IMG_0318.jpg
    IMG_0318.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,359
  • IMG_0319.jpg
    IMG_0319.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,379
  • IMG_0320.jpg
    IMG_0320.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,347
  • IMG_0321.jpg
    IMG_0321.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,270
  • IMG_0322.jpg
    IMG_0322.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,342
  • IMG_0323.jpg
    IMG_0323.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,462
  • IMG_0324.jpg
    IMG_0324.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,344
  • IMG_0326.jpg
    IMG_0326.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 1,255
  • IMG_0327.jpg
    IMG_0327.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,318
  • IMG_0328.jpg
    IMG_0328.jpg
    2.1 MB · Views: 1,252
  • IMG_0329.jpg
    IMG_0329.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,237
  • IMG_0330.jpg
    IMG_0330.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 1,274
  • IMG_0331.jpg
    IMG_0331.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,245
  • IMG_0332.jpg
    IMG_0332.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,233
  • IMG_0333.jpg
    IMG_0333.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 1,327
  • IMG_0334.jpg
    IMG_0334.jpg
    1.9 MB · Views: 1,213
  • IMG_0336.jpg
    IMG_0336.jpg
    1.5 MB · Views: 1,026
Last edited:
Z97 Deluxe El Capitan Install (Latest Bios)

System Specs
Asus Z97 Deluxe
Intel i7-4790K
Corsair Dominator 16GB 2133
Corsair 120GB SSD
GTX980Ti
Atec 1200 PSU

This is how I succeeded

1. I created my El Capitan USB installer using tonymacx86’s guide:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-el-capitan-any-supported-intel-based-pc.html

2. Download: El Capitan Post Install Tools , Clover Configurator, Nvidia Web Driver v.346.03.02f02, CloverALC110 script, copy to USB installer you just created or a separate USB, I personally skip this because I’m using an iMac wifi/bluetooth card on a pci-e adapter and was able to connect to wifi and download the files

3. The BIOS settings:
integrated GPU disabled
VT-d may be left enabled (it's overriden by the "dart=0" boot setting)
HDA audio disabled
CSM disabled, boot mode: UEFI other OS

4. Turn on Hackintosh computer with the USB stick plugged in and at Asus Logo hit F8 several times to select your USB boot drive, select UEFI: (name of the USB drive)

5. The Clover boot screen should show up, go to Options, hit enter on Boot Args and after "dart=0" add "nv_disable=1”(space between them dart=0 nv_disable=1) and hit enter, go down to return, select the icon with the installer (labelled "External"), and hit Enter

6. Select your language and select Disk Utility from the Utilities menu. Find your disk, click on Erase, name the drive El Capitan, format: OS X Extended (Journalled), scheme: GUID, click Erase and Done, close the Window, hit Continue, Continue, Agree, select your destination disk (El Capitan) and click on Continue again

7. The installation shouldn't take very long (10 minutes), so wait it out and when the computer restarts hit F8 to select the USB boot drive. Pick UEFI: (name of the USB drive).

8. In the Clover boot screen go to Options hit enter on Boot Args and after "dart=0" add "nv_disable=1”(space between them dart=0 nv_disable=1) and hit enter, go down to return and DO NOT select your USB drive this time, pick the one labelled HFS El Capitan.

9. Finish the installation skip iCloud for now, create a local account, don't send diagnostics to Apple.

10. You should be now running OS X. Go to System Settings/Security*&*Privacy and set "Allow apps downloaded from anywhere

11. Open Finder, click on the USB stick, and copy the “downloads from step 2” to your desktop. Eject the USB drive and physically remove the stick from your computer

12. From the "Post Installation" folder on your desktop run Clover_v2.3k_r3270_UEFI. after that run CustomMac Essentials.pkg.

13. Run Clover Configurator leave it open, got to finder and under devices you should see an HDD thats says EFI, go to EFI/CLOVER and in there click on config.plist. This should update the current Clover Configurator window with the settings found in the config.plist file you clicked, now on Clover Configurator select the "ACPI" section on the left, check "Generate P states" and "Generate C states", check C2 through C7. In the "Boot" section make sure "dart=0", "nv_disable=1" and "rootless=0" is checked, everything else should be unchecked, Enter "El Capitan" (your boot volume's name) as your "Default Boot Volume", set the timeout to 5 or 10 seconds. In the SMBIOS section, click the magic wand, select Mac Pro / MacPro3,1. Now hit File and Save. Close the Clover window and quit the Clover app. Ignore any messages about permanent version storage.

14. Reboot the computer, hit F8 to select the drive to boot from, pick the UEFI: El Capitan drive this time (we ejected and removed the USB drive earlier so it should not show up anymore). If your El Capitan drive is not preselected, highlight it. All Clover boot options were set by Clover Configurator, so you should now only have to hit Enter or wait 5/10 seconds for the boot process to start.

15. To enable TRIM, open Terminal and type "sudo trimforce enable" without quotes. Enter 'y' twice and wait for the computer to reboot. Boot into OS X as shown earlier.

16. Install the Nvidia web driver. Run the installer but don't click on the Reboot button after the installation is completed. Keep the installer open and run Clover Configurator. Clover Configurator will open and a smaller window will open as well click on Mount EFI Partitions and the small window goes away, on Clover Configurator bottom right hit Mount EFI Partitions this will mount your EFI Partition. Got to finder and under devices you should see an HDD thats says EFI, go to EFI/CLOVER and in there click on config.plist. This should update the current Clover Configurator window with the settings found in the config.plist file you clicked, now go to the "Boot" section, uncheck "nv_disable=1" and check "nvda_drv=1". Leave "rootless=0" and "dart=0" checked. File Save, close, quit Clover. Reboot by clicking on the restart button in the Nvidia installer window.

17. After reboot run Clover Configurator. Clover Configurator will open and a smaller window will open as well click on Mount EFI Partitions and the small window goes away, on Clover Configurator bottom right hit Mount EFI Partitions this will mount your EFI Partition leave Clover Configurator alone and run the audio_cloverALC-110_v1.0j.command this will open a terminal window enter your password type y enter, y enter, y enter, y enter wait for it to complete then quit terminal and Clover Configurator and reboot, after reboot got to settings sound output and select internal speakers and you should have sound now

18. You can now select your HDD to boot directly to El Capitan if you want

after step 9. I clone my hard drive with carbon copy cloner just in case
step 16. is to enable nvidia graphics a full speed instead of 7 MB and linear glitchy window, i did this for my GTX 980Ti
iMessage works when it wants to
No audio after waking from sleep, reboot needed

Hope it helps

Thank you so much for this update. This is the best setup to get me past my post-installation dilemma. Working on my Asus z97-ar with i7 4790k and GTX 780ti

thanks,

myvekdrifters

very precise !!

Really awesome stuff, many thanks for this, I have been grappling with my Z97 deluxe with the same CPU.

A couple of quick questions:

- do you use any SSDT or DSDT?
- how is power management/CPU speed handled, all ok?
- USB3? All OK?
- Built in bluetooth and network cards? All OK out of the box?

Is the system generally stable enough to be used as a production system?

Thanks!

Please tell us if your built-in bluetooth works. If yes can you explain how you managed to do it?

SUCCESS!!!
Well finally after following your guide, everything is working fine now!!!! I had trouble with my bluetooth, because I initially followed the generic guide that tonymac offers. I don't know which part of your guide refers to the bluetooth. but everything is ok! Thank you!

Allow one more question! Can you boot to your recovery partition with this build?

I follow your guide and successfully install El Capitan in my z97 deluxe.
One thing that I don't understand is whenever I change the system setting, e.g. enable trim, install nvidia driver and update system to 10.11.1, I need to run CustomMac Essentials.pkg again in order to boot into the system from Harddisk.
Is it normal?

I have not updated to 10.11.1 due to my graphics card not having drivers yet, i can't really help you yet

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back