Contribute
Register

(success) - Z77X-UD5H 3570K - GTX 960 - SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone have any USB3.0, Atheros and Sound issues with their install?

Ethernet is a very interesting issue.

I can confirm that Atheros has some issues. This motherboard usually requires AppleIntelE1000e and Atheros options to be selected in multibeast, but AtherosE2200Ethernet is not working for me on High Sierra. The Intel chip was recognized and worked during the install/first boot, but after rebooting it wouldn't work until I installed AppleIntelE1000e.

As for audio, I didn't have to download or manually install any kexts. For audio I just checked 'Realtek LC898' in the Audio section of multibeast. That said, only one of the board's audio outputs works -- the pink output, (which I think is supposed to be for the subwoofer) and it is marked as 'Audio Line-Out port' in System Preferences.

USB 3 may require the '3rd Party USB 3.0' option to be selected in multibeast. I needed it for the USB ports on my case to work, but I'm pretty sure that the on-board USB 3 ports were already working.

2) Make sure, you drop MATS in config.plist. Otherwise it won't work at all.

Thank you for this thread! That said, I need some clarification.

My only issue is that I can't boot without changing Clover boot options to drop MATS every time I boot. Have tried to edit config.plist and drop MATS in Clover Configurator, but still not working.

I used to end up with an 'extras' folder in my root directory after using multibeast, but now I have an 'EFI-Backups' folder. The config file that I have been editing is /root/EFI-Backups/r3766/DateEdited/EFI/CLOVER/config.plist -- is this the correct file or have I edited it incorrectly?

1.png 2.png 3.png

Did anyone happen to take the SSDT route for USB with this board that is willing to share it (10.13.5) ? I'm still on Yosemite but looking to make the Jump soon so any other help or even an EFI folder with serials etc removed that can be shared besides what mentioned in this thread is welcomed.
On another note just incase you guys missed it, Gigabyte did a Bios Update that deals with MATS Table so it could possibly solve some issues for those going the Installer route.I personally have Clean Images that I just restore to the desired HD which for me is easier.

Did anyone happen to take the SSDT route for USB with this board that is willing to share it (10.13.5) ? I'm still on Yosemite but looking to make the Jump soon so any other help or even an EFI folder with serials etc removed that can be shared besides what mentioned in this thread is welcomed.
On another note just incase you guys missed it, Gigabyte did a Bios Update that deals with MATS Table so it could possibly solve some issues for those going the Installer route.I personally have Clean Images that I just restore to the desired HD which for me is easier.

I saw you messaged me (elsewhere) for a config, and now I'm seeing this, did you get this going?

Currently I am using z77x-ud5h 3770k with Nvidia 960 with iGPU enabled, latest bios, and I'm using all SSDT hot patches without a DSDT. Hardware decoding is working, my handoff / WiFi working, iMessage, Airplay working to AppleTV, Onboard audio as well as HDMI audio for DP ports working on both monitors including plugging headphones in and unplugging auto-swapping, All USB ports working at full speed, including front and rear USB3.0, SSDT is generating all incremental steps, Sleep 100% works. Honestly everything seems to be working amazingly well. Latest bios not only drops MATS but also allows for booting from NVMe. The only issue I have at all is for whatever reason youtube / twitch in Safari sometimes show greenish artifacts while playing. It's random, sometimes it goes long periods without happening, sometimes I need to restart safari. I'm guessing this is something with hardware decoding but I am not sure how to fix it. Let me know if you still need the config.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you can share your files I will give it a go, it's for my bro's build but he on a trip right now so when he's back I will sure try your method.Bless

how did you achieve those SSDT files if you don't mind me asking ? Also anything specific in terms of Bios settings ?

I saw you messaged me (elsewhere) for a config, and now I'm seeing this, did you get this going?

Currently I am using z77x-ud5h 3770k with Nvidia 960 with iGPU enabled, latest bios, and I'm using all SSDT hot patches without a DSDT. Hardware decoding is working, my handoff / WiFi working, iMessage, Airplay working to AppleTV, Onboard audio as well as HDMI audio for DP ports working on both monitors including plugging headphones in and unplugging auto-swapping, All USB ports working at full speed, including front and rear USB3.0, SSDT is generating all incremental steps, Sleep 100% works. Honestly everything seems to be working amazingly well. Latest bios not only drops MATS but also allows for booting from NVMe. The only issue I have at all is for whatever reason youtube / twitch in Safari sometimes show greenish artifacts while playing. It's random, sometimes it goes long periods without happening, sometimes I need to restart safari. I'm guessing this is something with hardware decoding but I am not sure how to fix it. Let me know if you still need the config.
My two hackintosh builds with z77 ,one with z77x-ud3h 3570k 1050 Ti and the other one with Intel dz77ga-70k 3770 rx480. Now I've learned very much from tonymacx86 ,and everything goes well, like a stock mac. Thank you for every one here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back