Contribute
Register

(success) - Z77X-UD5H 3570K - GTX 960 - SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
It took me a while, but now 10.13 works fine on my hack. I did an update from 10.12.6 to 10.13.

First thing to do:

1)
Update Clover Bootloader to the latest version. Put the KEXT Files in Others

Which Kext files?

3)
Update the BIOS in config.plist. Use Clover Configurator and choose your model, put in your old SN# and save the file.

Reboot.

What does update the BIOS in config.plist mean?- which model do you choose? - Where do I get the old SN#?

After spending hours, I couldn't get it to work so I did a format and a clean re-install following these instructions:
  1. Have a USB keyboard/mouse handy for installation
  2. Disconnect all drives except Mac boot drive
  3. Boot from Unibeast 8.1.0
  4. In options remove disable_nv=0 and add -v to see boot process
  5. Follow on screen instructions, installer reboots after just a few minutes
  6. On next boot, set same options as above
  7. Select macOS install from "partition title", will show black screen with Installing, about 11 minutes remaining.
  8. Download and install Multibeast -> quick start -> UEFI mode defaults
    1. Audio > Realtek ALCxxx > ALC898
    2. Network > Atheros
    3. Network > Intel > AppleIntelE1000e
Only other thing is when booting I need to select "drop MATS" every time, but otherwise everything seems to work fantastic!

Everything has been stable, but it seems power management is not working:
Screen Shot 2017-11-16 at 11.04.28.png
Notice the frequency stays at a constant 3.5ghz. Anyone had any luck getting power management working on Z77X-UD5H 3770K?

Thank you so much @madman1234! I've been unable to boot my Hackintosh via my main drive and was limping along booting off of the USB for a couple of weeks after updating to High Sierra.

Like @patnaik, the key step for me was #2. I didn't need to remove the SN# from my SYMBIOS. Up until I did this, I was getting a backtrace error on boot: "BSD process name corresponding: Unknown"

I used Clover Configurator. It's an incredibly helpful utility that puts a GUI on the options for the config.plist. It also has a utility to mount your EFI partitions so you don't need to go to the terminal. The menu option to add the MATS droptable option is in the ACPI tab. (See image)

You can look at the PLIST and edit it directly in text mode, which is the last option in Clover Configurator Menu. "Text Mode". I've attached just the section that has the droptable options.

Attachments

• Hackintosh Add MATS Drop Table.png
    Hackintosh Add MATS Drop Table.png
    284.3 KB · Views: 486
  • Hackintosh Drop Table MATS.png
    Hackintosh Drop Table MATS.png
    18 KB · Views: 447
Thank you so much, I'd been banging my head against the wall trying to figure out how to update my system. This post was a life saver.

Has anyone been able to get Sleep working? I'm using Ozmosis so not exactly the same situation but every time I try to put my setup to sleep the screen doesn't come back and it ends up rebooting.

I'm having the same issue. These steps have not worked for me. I don't have any added kexts in my EFI other than the ones suggested in the main install guide.

Last edited:
Update: finally got it working!

(Of course I already had the most recent kexts in my EFI partition....)

1. I reset my UEFI settings to optimized, plus basic suggested settings.
2. In Clover boot options I added the MATS drop table. It is my understanding that this is only necessary for the install so no need to add it to the config file.
3. Also in Clover boot options, I checked “Fix Headers”

I hope this helps someone.

Got this working finally, thanks thread and fellow z77x-up5-th'ers.

Updated from yosemite ( 10.10.5 ) to high sierra in one great leap with these steps from this thread,

followed main post with these elaborations or changes
1) kext's installed was FakeSMC.kext and IntelMausiEthernet.kext downloaded from main tonymac downloads -> kexts
- not sure i need intel mausi ethernet, but it's all working so...
2) dropped mats with clover configurator, select 'Acpi' in the left sidebar, then in the Drop Tables section press the + then type MATS in the Signature column.
3) select 'SMBIOS' in clover configurator and pick a mac in the drop down list ( up/down arrows in far right side of panel ) I chose Imac14,2. kept the serial number it filled in cuz...
4) had to pull out my nvidia card and plug into the motherboard dvi, ( after up and running i installed the nvidia web drivers and then the card )
5) installed with the APFS conversion as my boot drive is SSD, this meant just clicking the install high sierra icon and following the prompts.
6) used multibeast 8.1.0 to add just audio drivers ( ALC898 ), and USB drivers ( edit, hadn't noticed USB wasn't working )

Last edited:
Does anyone have any USB3.0, Atheros and Sound issues with their install?
High Sierra won't see any of my usb3.0 ports; I am unsure which kexts I was missing.

Ethernet is a very interesting issue.
If I didn't install ANY ethernet drivers, my intel NIC *sometimes* works. By that, I mean when I boot and load the OS the first time, macOS see's my NIC but states that there is no connection.
Upon second boot, macOS decides that it was wrong all along and shows full connectivity.

I cannot get the Atheros to play nice. I've tried every driver and installed them in /Library/Extension and in Clovers 'other' folder in kexts. No dice.
Shows a second ethernet NIC but claims there is not connection.

Sound is another hurdle. Not the biggest issue as I have usb speakers, but I would like the audio drivers to work so I can plug in my headphones. I installed the appropriate kexts in MultiBeast as everyone else did but they don't seem to be working. They just don't show up.

This all leads me to another question: where should the kexts ultimately go? Do they belong in the efi clover directories or in /Library/Extension ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back