Contribute
Register

(success) - Z77X-UD5H 3570K - GTX 960 - SSD

Status
Not open for further replies.
how did you achieve those SSDT files if you don't mind me asking ? Also anything specific in terms of Bios settings ?

the SSDT hot patches are taken from various sources, the only one I created myself was the SSDT for the CPU, bios settings should be the standard recommendations for this board other than I have iGPU turned on and enabled for proper hardware decoding / Netflix in safari / iTunes playback. Just make sure you use the newest bios f16j so you don't have to drop MATS.

Ok guys sorry to be the sore user here, but I updated to 16j and lost my bios profiles :clap: (even the ScreenShots I had) so I have to start from scratch but if I select in the bios
1.Set "OS Type" to "Windows 8 WHQL"
2.Set "CSM Support" to "Never"

After I save and restart, the system hangs with A6 Error Code and I can not even get into the bios, only option is to clear cmos and try again o_O.I've left it as Other OS and have halted my upgrade to High Sierra until I can figure out how important those setting really are so anyone with who can shed some light plz do :thumbup:.Also what would be a good setting for the CPU voltage at stock? Auto puts it quite high so any help here is welcomed.Bless

Ok guys sorry to be the sore user here, but I updated to 16j and lost my bios profiles :clap: (even the ScreenShots I had) so I have to start from scratch but if I select in the bios
1.Set "OS Type" to "Windows 8 WHQL"
2.Set "CSM Support" to "Never"

After I save and restart, the system hangs with A6 Error Code and I can not even get into the bios, only option is to clear cmos and try again o_O.I've left it as Other OS and have halted my upgrade to High Sierra until I can figure out how important those setting really are so anyone with who can shed some light plz do :thumbup:.Also what would be a good setting for the CPU voltage at stock? Auto puts it quite high so any help here is welcomed.Bless
is your drive set to AHCI?

Attachments

• IMG_0243.jpg
    IMG_0243.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 177
  • IMG_0244.jpg
    IMG_0244.jpg
    315.2 KB · Views: 186
  • IMG_0245.jpg
    IMG_0245.jpg
    303.2 KB · Views: 190
  • IMG_0246.jpg
    IMG_0246.jpg
    315.3 KB · Views: 194
  • IMG_0247.jpg
    IMG_0247.jpg
    310.6 KB · Views: 195
  • IMG_0248.jpg
    IMG_0248.jpg
    284.2 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0249.jpg
    IMG_0249.jpg
    288.1 KB · Views: 155
Thanks for the Screens and yes it's set to AHCI, Only difference I'm seeing is Secure Boot I believe is set to disabled and Init Display First is set to PEG.I had power out for a few hours and it just came back so I'll try to set everything as you have and report back as soon as I can.I even tried reflashing the Bios and still it hangs once I enable OS type and CSM. If I do upgrade and leave it as Other, do you think this will prevent High Sierra from Booting?

Ok here we go again I loaded defaults, set up like your screens and same result but with a catch:shifty: I went to get summ to drink thinking damm I have to clear cmos etc, came back and I’m looking at the desktop :eek:. Restarted heard 1 long beep followed by 2 short beeps with black screen and after maybe 30 seconds I’m at the desktop so I don’t get clover GUI etc as before nor do I see anything until it reaches the desktop.help:mrgreen:

EDIT: So if I try to get into the Bios nothing happens and it hangs with same error, so force restart and just wait and it gets to the Desktop so maybe a setting in Clover :banghead: .

Last edited:
Attempting to install HS since the above still remains results in the following (video can’t be uploaded from iPhone wrong format):crazy:.From what I see looks like a backtrace in ionetworkingfamily followed by a lot of stuff:rolleyes: then reboots by kernelrelayhost.

EDIT: Added Inject Intel and RadeonDeInit now Installer is running so lets see.

Last edited:
Install went fine but now I'm faced with screen changing flickering/colors (Folders orange/blue):crazy:.Chip in any time peps;)

EDIT: Fixed with SwitchResX

Last edited:
Hello fellows Z77-owners ;) Hello katiepea

I am really tempted to try this as I've always fresh installed so far...would have a couple questions...I'm on bios 16j...and on Sierra 10.12.6 using clover but I am unsure if my Sierra install was done properly.
Katiepea: From your bios screen shots I am gonna assume you're double booting windows and High Sierra. If I don't plan to do that what would be the bios tweaks...yours seem to differ from the basic bios guidelines. Your ssdt.aml is not set for an overlocked at I7377k 4.2 cpu but for stock speed (with I can probably redo afterwards). Also I'm a little confused as to where these your EFI folder would exactly would go....because of these EFI-Backups I see on my system that actually have kexts in them, when the root EFI folder of my install does not have any kexts in the sub folders. Here is a screen shot...I also see that in your patched folder there is a ssdt-hack file that seems related to windows...Also am I correct to assume that if I already have a 14.2 iMac definition with proper board id serial etc that I could juste change the smbios part of your config.plst with mine I should be good to go or would there be other changes to either the attached files necessary...second screen shot so you can actually see where my files are better

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 9.26.36 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 9.26.36 PM.png
    192.3 KB · Views: 106
  • Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 9.43.41 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2018-09-18 at 9.43.41 PM.png
    203 KB · Views: 93
Last edited:
Hello fellows Z77-owners ;) Hello katiepea

I am really tempted to try this as I've always fresh installed so far...would have a couple questions...I'm on bios 16j...and on Sierra 10.12.6 using clover but I am unsure if my Sierra install was done properly.
Katiepea: From your bios screen shots I am gonna assume you're double booting windows and High Sierra. If I don't plan to do that what would be the bios tweaks...yours seem to differ from the basic bios guidelines. Your ssdt.aml is not set for an overlocked at I7377k 4.2 cpu but for stock speed (with I can probably redo afterwards). Also I'm a little confused as to where these your EFI folder would exactly would go....because of these EFI-Backups I see on my system that actually have kexts in them, when the root EFI folder of my install does not have any kexts in the sub folders. Here is a screen shot...I also see that in your patched folder there is a ssdt-hack file that seems related to windows...Also am I correct to assume that if I already have a 14.2 iMac definition with proper board id serial etc that I could juste change the smbios part of your config.plst with mine I should be good to go or would there be other changes to either the attached files necessary...second screen shot so you can actually see where my files are better
I do dual boot into Windows but my settings should be completely fine for just OS X, the EFI folder goes into your EFI partition EFI folder, so mount that and replace what's there, the EFI backups folder is generated when you install a new version of clover, it backs up for you in case you need it. That doesn't need to stay on your system. The SSDT-hack file I believe is related to HDMI / audio, I honestly don't remember what every patch does, what I can tell you is when I was done setting this up I had gone through and removed anything that didn't need to be there, as in I removed one by one until something broke then put it back, etc. yeah you can just replace the smbios settings for sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back