Contribute
Register

[Success] Z77-DS3H Gigbyte Motherboard, Intel i5-3570K CPU, everything working great!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
When making the Unibeast Thumb Drive did you check for Legacy USB Support? That is the only answer I can't find before I begin :).

I did not choose that option and I finally got it to work, my RAM was messed up and wont work at times (even on Windows by showing thousands of Blue screens).

My configuration:

*Plug the USB into one of the motherboard USB ports, I made sure it was not usb 3.0

*Make sure your bios version is F6 and that the default settings are loaded!

*Remove all hard drives except the one your going to install from

*Only use 4GB memory (Read a long time ago Mac's had issues with installing with more)

*Disappointment set in at this stage with a 24" monitor displaying 1024x768, Keep going though.

*remove UBS Unibeast Installer

Thanks for all the great guides and tips.

*USB Drives were plugged in,

*Bios used was F8

*Had 2 Hard-drives and one SSD with 2 partitions

*Used 8 GB while installing

*After install and during install the resolution was already set to 1920 x1020

*Kept USB Stick plugged in since I had Multi-beast copied on to it.

Never had problems with install with the above tips which I didn't follow, didn't even know about the 4GB nor removing additional HD/SSD's.

OP, thanks for your posting. I finally got ML working on a GA-H77-DS3H with i5-3570K. The key tip for me was your advice to use DVI.

thanks!

Worked VGA on GeForce 8600 GT GeForce 8600 GT.png

Instal was use onboard DVI, then restart, mount GeFarce 8600 and connected VGA.

SUPER!):clap:

hrm I followed instructions exactly. OSX install went great, booted fine first time.

Then followed instructions for Multibeast (exactly) and it just hangs on boot now.

It stops at *MACX_SWAPON SUCCESS"

If I boot in safe mode it follows that line with actually booting.

Edit: Rebooted again and it went well. On 10.8.1 now with GT640 and Firewire/WIFI installed and all natively working. Good stuff!!!

On a side note I should've done better motherboard research :). Didn't realize the DS3H was such a performance pooper. Won't boot 2133 memory no matter I do, no vcore control so only very modest Overclock. Oops. Still walks all over my $2500 iMac anyway :).

hi orthanos!
i've similar motherboard but used i7 3770 CPU and sandisk extreme SSD.
i installed using all my RAM intact, 32Gb. and i have no problem with it.
i used Unibeast Mountain Lion 1.5.3, Multibeast Mountain Lion 5.0.2.

thanks for sharing your method.

hey man!
Just want to say thank you.
I'm using the same MB and CPU, and followed your post almost step by step
really helpful, and I'm posting by my hackintosh OS10.8 now!!
thank you so much!!

Hey guys, I'm loving this setup! Everything works except I get kernel panics after waking from sleep. Where do I find the log that may help show what's wrong?

In Finder go to: Open, Open directory and type in: /var/log

Tomas

Just wanted to report that I was able to get my system running more or less following the OP's procedure. I have nearly the same setup:

Gigabyte GA-Z77-DS3H UEFI rev F8
i5-3570k with HD4000 onboard graphics + DVI @ 1920x1080
8GB (2x4GB) Samsung M379B5273DH0-YK0 DDR3 1600MHz
128GB SAMSUNG SSD 830 Series
Logitech Wireless USB keyboard/mouse Mk550
Broadcom 4322AGN BCM94322MC BCM4322 802.11agn dual band Wireless mini pci-e Card
ASUS DVD-RW

Procedure:
Validate HW setup on Win8 Preview.
Set UEFI (BIOS) to Optimized Default + SSD to AHCI
Install Mountain Lion 10.8.1 Using OP's Procedure, including MultiBeast v5.0.2 options.
Set shared VRAM in BIOS to 32MB (Default is 64MB)

Notes:
* I installed ML with all 8GB DDR present
* WLAN card present during install, recognized as "Third-Party Wireless Card"
* Sleep/Resume & Audio works OK.
* I used a 16GB USB stick for install. I dual partitioned it with the ML install HFS partition (1st) and a FAT32 (2nd) partition for copying files like MB.

Issues:
- WiFI has frequent "stalls" that require me to turn on/off wifi
- Ethernet will show as "Connected" with a default 169.x.x.x IP addr, although no cable is connected. I use wifi so I disabled the LAN in BIOS. WFi was stable under Win8.

Other than the wifi dropouts, everything is peachy! Next step is to migrate the data from the old XP setup.

Thanks!!

EDIT1: Applied ML 10.8.2 combo update & was able to boot w/o any issues. Re-applied my MB Audio & LAN drivers to restore audio & Ethernet. Also, WiFi was fixed by re-branding the card & using Broadcom drivers. Rock solid install!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back