Motherboard
Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3-F13
CPU
I5-2500K
Graphics
GTX 760
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I used the guide step by step. After completing the installation and booting with the USB stick, my HDD was not recognized in Clover. So I booted High Sierra, applied MultiBeast with minimal settings to the new Mojave Public Beta 1 and bang, this did the trick. ALC889 audio is not working by now, have to check on that.

Next I am gonna test a SSD installation. On installing High Sierra, I had to apply the ICH10 patch. Will let you know.

Gigabyte Z68A-D3H-B3-F13
i2500k @3,8 GHz
MSI GTX 760
Display Samsung U28D590D @4k

ICH10-patch is needed if you are using a SSD. ALC889 is working with the oldest VoodooHDA driver Multibeast 10.4 is offering.

I have a GA-Z68-UD3H-B3 which I suspect is close enough so that with few changes you should be able to get your's working in no time. I'm using the last bios (beta version U1n which provides uefi boot). For your board you should have ver U1D. My SSD is formatted with apfs.

In the efi/Clover/drivers/UEFI/ apfsDriverLoader.efi, AptioMemoryFix.efi, AudioDxe.efi, DataHubDxe.efi, FSInject.efi, SMCHelper.efi, VBoxHfs.efi (the first is necessary for apfs, but both are required).

In efi/Clover/kexts/Other/ AppleALC.kext, FakeSMC.kext, Lilu.kext, WhateverGreen.kext

In config.plist you can remove the Intel inject if you have turned off the Intel graphics from bios.
In devices look in the properties tab to get functioning audio. Your's may differ - use Hackintool to configure the audio. There's no need for the ICH10 patch, nor VoodooHDA.

Attachments

• config.plist.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 85
Guiscard,
If you're still on F13 bios. I suggest upgrading to U1D, which implements uefi. However, make sure you copy the old [F13] bios to a usb stick and familiarize yourself with how to roll back to the F13 bios in case you aren't happy with the U1D uefi bios.

Thanks. I just realized that much of the trouble I'm having was that my SSD was dying after 8 years. Now that it's dead I'll pick up a new one next week and go from there.

I also think moving to uefi is a good idea at this point. I'm trying to squeeze as much life out of this system as I can.

Just be careful. It's quite tricky to roll back to legacy bios and there's a chance you could brick the bios. So, even though some people have reported some minor bugs in the U1D bios (it's beta, after all), I think overall it's worth a shot.

You can find my config.plist und Multibeast settings in the attachment. Using Multibeast 11.3 was enough to fix the ALC problem. No other tricks except the ICH10 patch for the SSD. This is already included in the config.plist.

My recommendation: Stick to legacy for now. Do a clean Unibeast installation, replace the config.plist and finally use Multibeast. That's all.

Catalina does also work. I did both the "just update" and clean install method. Just if you are interested:
  1. USB Unibeast for Catalina
  2. install Clover 2.5 5102 Bootloader
  3. Reboot with the USB stick
  4. Copy config.plist from USB to the SSD
  5. Multibeast WITHOUT any Bootloader
  6. install "Sound Fix Catalina" (https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/catalina-easy-update-and-sound-fix.284752/#post-2014893)
  7. Reboot
I don't know why, but HDDs bigger than 3TB are not recognized.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.9 KB · Views: 76
  • Multibeast Catalina.pdf
    17.5 KB · Views: 83
  • Multibeast Mojave.pdf
    18.6 KB · Views: 74
@syrinx-priest You're using legacy bios which has a hdd limit. Older legacy bios and MS Windows that use a mbr partition can't address these larger drives as a single partition (actually the limit is generally 2.2 TB). Hence, drives larger than 2.2 TB are divided into logical partitions. GPT partitions are not constrained by that limit. The UEFI bios is likewise not limited.

Your config.plist also has a number of patches and acpi fixes I do not use in my Z68, but as they say, if it ain't broken, don't fix it. Go for whatever works for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back