Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Z490 Aorus Master I9 10900KF

Status
Not open for further replies.
The RX580 at default setting is a non-macOS recognised card. To get it to work you need to use a SSDT-GPU-SPOOF file in the ACPI section to spoof the settings to a Lexa/Polaris GPU which can be found here. Simply use the dGPU device property settings from my EFI file in your setup (ie. the PCIRoot settings, AAPL,slot-name, device-is, device type and model), and place the SSDT-GPU-SPOOF.aml into your ACPI folder. It should work > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...4-ga-z170n-wifi-samsung-860-evo-rx550.313767/
it seems my Gigabyte board Aorus Master Z490 won't boot properly at all. It stuck in reboot sequence and no BIOS reset can heal it :( Damn I bought it after reading about successful installs and mine won't even boot new.
My attempted install is
Aorus Z490 master
Intel i9-10850
RAM is 32GB G.Skull stick.
GPU not recognized either, RX 580 ASUS.
M2 was Samsung 1TB, never reached even install stage
Stuck with expensive dud :( two days of tinkering.
Everything works on older H310 board, nothing works on this.

it seems my Gigabyte board Aorus Master Z490 won't boot properly at all. It stuck in reboot sequence and no BIOS reset can heal it :( Damn I bought it after reading about successful installs and mine won't even boot new.
My attempted install is
Aorus Z490 master
Intel i9-10850
RAM is 32GB G.Skull stick.
GPU not recognized either, RX 580 ASUS.
M2 was Samsung 1TB, never reached even install stage
Stuck with expensive dud :( two days of tinkering.
Everything works on older H310 board, nothing works on this.
I'm sorry to hear that. But you do know that unfortunately, some risks are taken (especially with the OC bootloader, because it partly writes data back to the BIOS)? I would seriously suggest if you are not competent with working on a hackintosh build, to get someone who is to help build it for you.

If the BIOS isn't booting up, you could try removing/resetting the internal clock battery on the motherboard or use the USB-key reflash method to reflash the BIOS. I know yours is an ASUS but this option is available on newer Gigabyte boards.

As to a non-working M.2 SSD, my general guide has always been install your test bed onto a working standard 3.5" drive first, then transfer over to the M.2 once it works. If you can't boot into it, remove it from your system, put it into a M.2 external case and reuse/reformat it that way.

As for the dGPU, I forgot to mention this, but you needed to have also set the Intel IGPU device-id and AAPL,ig-platform-id to use a 03 connector (so that it recognises the external AMD dGPU). This was covered in a recent post by Utterdisbelief and myself on a similar Z490 i9 setup. > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...0-nvidia-gtx-1060.310287/page-19#post-2273543

Have you tried guiohm79's EFI build in the first post by any chance? As this one should work with your board (by default). Just remove your AMD dGPU for now and test it without the AMD card. Remember to add in your required SMBIOS UUIDs.

I'm sorry to hear that. But you do know that unfortunately, some risks are taken (especially with the OC bootloader, because it partly writes data back to the BIOS)? I would seriously suggest if you are not competent with working on a hackintosh build, to get someone who is to help build it for you.

If the BIOS isn't booting up, you could try removing/resetting the internal clock battery on the motherboard or use the USB-key reflash method to reflash the BIOS. I know yours is an ASUS but this option is available on newer Gigabyte boards.

As to a non-working M.2 SSD, my general guide has always been install your test bed onto a working standard 3.5" drive first, then transfer over to the M.2 once it works. If you can't boot into it, remove it from your system, put it into a M.2 external case and reuse/reformat it that way.

As for the dGPU, I forgot to mention this, but you needed to have also set the Intel IGPU device-id and AAPL,ig-platform-id to use a 03 connector (so that it recognises the external AMD dGPU). This was covered in a recent post by Utterdisbelief and myself on a similar Z490 i9 setup. > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...0-nvidia-gtx-1060.310287/page-19#post-2273543

Have you tried guiohm79's EFI build in the first post by any chance? As this one should work with your board (by default). Just remove your AMD dGPU for now and test it without the AMD card. Remember to add in your required SMBIOS UUIDs.
thanks! i made few hackintoshes, but this mainboard seems to be a toast. It won't even boot to bios, just constant looping of restarts. No resetting, battery removing, screwdriver jumpering helps. it has also latest bios, F20. I changed the mainboard to Asus, we'll see how it goes.

This is the current version of my EFI for latest Opencore for the Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master with a Radeon RX 5700 XT and i9 10850K. Everything appears to be working. Credit to members of the thread for all the hard work.
Hello guys,i have just purchased the Z490 Aorus Master with 17 10700k..
I am trying to install latest Big Sur with your Efi but i have some problems ,if you could help me please
Firstly,i don't know about OC cause my olders hackintoshes were based with clover
In this Efi, opened your config via OpenCore Configurator and there wasn't any smbios..
I tried to changed it with the latest Configurator but it messes it up..maybe because it saves it for 0.7.5???
Also,i want to have the Uhd 630 as my main card...Do you know how i can make it happen ?

I would really appreciate it if you can help me
Thank you

thanks! i made few hackintoshes, but this mainboard seems to be a toast. It won't even boot to bios, just constant looping of restarts. No resetting, battery removing, screwdriver jumpering helps. it has also latest bios, F20. I changed the mainboard to Asus, we'll see how it goes.
Man, I'm sorry to hear that too. I've make some hacks last year with this board Gigabyte Z490 Master + i9 10900KF or I9 10850KF . All runs perfect , like a real mac and more powerfull under overclock. Catalina and Big Sur.

Attachments

• IMAG2281.jpg
    IMAG2281.jpg
    1.8 MB · Views: 57
Man, I'm sorry to hear that too. I've make some hacks last year with this board Gigabyte Z490 Master + i9 10900KF or I9 10850KF . All runs perfect , like a real mac and more powerfull under overclock. Catalina and Big Sur.
At the moment I'm working on the my build forth an i9-10900k and Z490 Master.
Everything is working but I'm struggling with sleep.

I'm not exactly clear where the problem is coming from.
I disabled the cnvi building Wiki Card and the USB Connector. Instead I use a Fenvi T919.

Does anybody have an idea?

Cheers Robert

At the moment I'm working on the my build forth an i9-10900k and Z490 Master.
Everything is working but I'm struggling with sleep.

I'm not exactly clear where the problem is coming from.
I disabled the cnvi building Wiki Card and the USB Connector. Instead I use a Fenvi T919.

Does anybody have an idea?

Cheers Robert
For better performance, disable sleep. Don't realy need this with this powerfull machine. When You don't use the PC, simple shut down. And even You let's the PC run 24h/7d, at one year, You never consume more than one washingmachine....

It is OK, maybe I damaged something in the board, who knows. In the future, no expensive Gigabytes for me anymore lol. My Asus 490, intel i9 10850, RX 580 hackinotsh works now fine in Catalina for few months.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back