Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Z490 Aorus Master I9 10900KF

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, the EFI folder here is for my 10900KF processor,
the "F" is that the processor does not manage the graphics, if you have a 10900K or 10900 it will not work, you have to modify the EFI folder.
Hi, thanks for this. I didn't manage to get the UHD630 graphics to work, it got as far as the display change to show the progress bar and the monitor going to sleep. I tried with an old MSI Radeon R9 270, this worked but I could not get accelerated graphics, only 8MB memory showing. After changing to an old Gigabyte Radeon HD 7870 It now works.

OS Big Sur

What works:
Bluetooth
WiFi
Sound

Not working:
Ethernet

For me the bluetooth works perfectly, mouse, trackpad ,headphones, keyboard, phone and more.
in the kext folder I have "IntelBluetoothFirmware" and "IntelBluetoothInjector"

Did anyone get Bluetooth working fully? I cannot see a Bluetooth Keyboard or Mouse in the setting panel but I DO get the Panel at least? Ideas.
There was a TP Link Card in the system (Wifi and Bluetooth). I pulled the card to remove any confusion with motherboard devices.... Yippee. Works.

This is the current version of my EFI for latest Opencore for the Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master with a Radeon RX 5700 XT and i9 10850K. Everything appears to be working. Credit to members of the thread for all the hard work.

Attachments

• OpenCore EFI.zip
    40.9 MB · Views: 177
This is the current version of my EFI for latest Opencore for the Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master with a Radeon RX 5700 XT and i9 10850K. Everything appears to be working. Credit to members of the thread for all the hard work.
Nice to see you got it working all. I have to start with the built of mine and learn everything about doing it. In my case I have an i9 10900k processor, so hope that will work to. Still no EGPU. But is it possible to use the internal GPU that u know of? Will it be easy to install with your opencore efi?

Nice to see you got it working all. I have to start with the built of mine and learn everything about doing it. In my case I have an i9 10900k processor, so hope that will work to. Still no EGPU. But is it possible to use the internal GPU that u know of? Will it be easy to install with your opencore efi?
Everything should work but I have the graphics card and did not try without. Post the results and we will alls know.

It is quite easy to install with Opencore once you know your parameters. What’s your EGPU?
As for the internal IGPU yes it can work, Intel Quicksync included. You have to add the relevant device-id and AAPL, ig-platform-id into the Device Properties section for the IGPU card and possibly change the CPUID under Kernel to Coffee Lake (for High Sierra/Mojave/Catalina) or Comet Lake for Big Sur.

Hi great work! I am trying to make almost same install (graphic card mine is RX580). First time on Gigabyte. What is your BIOS settings? My graphic card is not recognized by mainboard either.

Hi great work! I am trying to make almost same install (graphic card mine is RX580). First time on Gigabyte. What is your BIOS settings? My graphic card is not recognized by mainboard either.
The RX580 at default setting is a non-macOS recognised card. To get it to work you need to use a SSDT-GPU-SPOOF file in the ACPI section to spoof the settings to a Lexa/Polaris GPU which can be found here. Simply use the dGPU device property settings from my EFI file in your setup (ie. the PCIRoot settings, AAPL,slot-name, device-is, device type and model), and place the SSDT-GPU-SPOOF.aml into your ACPI folder. It should work > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...4-ga-z170n-wifi-samsung-860-evo-rx550.313767/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back