Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro WIFI-F11
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
UHD 630
Hi,

It's just above, post #13.
Thanks a lot. I'm trying my build without dGPU, could you tell me if there is anything else I should do.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 I
CPU
Intel 9400
Graphics
HD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
@drvnik I have almost the same hardware as you, also on iGPU. Incidentally, my DP stopped working when I fixed the framebuffer issue for the graphics. Might be a deviceid issue, but I got HDMI and that was enough for me.

I'm looking at your OC 5.9 EFI and would love to try it out and see if I get better performance. I would just remove the Intel Bluetooth injectors since I got a Broadcom card to work (only BT works, I'm still working on wifi sadly).

Question: how did you map your USB ports? I mapped mine using a kext generated by Hackintool (only left rear ports and essential internal ones active, as my case doesn't have front ports). I sense there could be a conflict if our mappings aren't the same.

Thanks!

Motherboard
Dell XPS 9560
CPU
i7-7700HQ
Graphics
UHD 630
@drvnik thanks for this. Got everything working apart from Bluetooth. Im using the DW1830 card.

Any ideas to get this working?

Im using same kext i used in clover.
AirportBrcmFixup.kext
BrcmPatchRAM3.kext
BrcmFirmwareRepo.kext

I also added the kexts to the kernel section of config.plist.

Thanks.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390-I AORUS PRO WiFi
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Radeon RX 580 8 GB
hi wonder if you get any problem with finalcut pro.
It just keep crashing

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 Aorus Pro Wifi
CPU
i9-9900K
Graphics
Sapphire RX 580
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
@drvnik thanks for posting the EFI files, I bought the same system and everything works great, except I get a KP if I try to only use the iGPU. I bought an RX580 for the build, so it's not a big deal, but it would be nice to figure it out. Out of curiosity, why do you list 0.5.9 as the preferred OpenCore rev? I'm wondering if it's safe to update to the latest and greatest to see if that fixes any minor issues or speeds up my boot.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390I Auros Pro Wifi
CPU
i5-9600K
Graphics
MSI 5700 XT
I am now on the first full day of testing with my build and so far it looks promising. I had to make some changes to the plist for it to work but when it passed the online testing tool recommended by dortania, it also booted fine, I am using 0.6.0.

Also I think we are sometimes mixing the motherboards here. The thread is about the z390I which is the itx board so some things might differ if you have the bigger one.

One thing to note is that while I started off activating AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock as a workaround for the bios not having the cfg_lock option I found another post on reddit complementing gigabyte for great customer support so I sent them an email, asking if they could help us out with a cfg_lock option in the bios and the next day they sent me the f8g version with cfg_lock and after updating the bios and turning off cfg_lock I could also remove the AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock tweaks.

Motherboard
Gigabyte Z390 I
CPU
Intel 9400
Graphics
HD 630
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
I found another post on reddit complementing gigabyte for great customer support so I sent them an email, asking if they could help us out with a cfg_lock option in the bios and the next day they sent me the f8g version with cfg_lock
There's a f8g version for the z390i? On the gb website, the latest version is f8c

Motherboard
Z390I AORUS
CPU
i5 9600K
Graphics
Sapphire Nitro+ AMD Radeon RX 580 8 Go
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
@drvnik thanks for posting the EFI files, I bought the same system and everything works great, except I get a KP if I try to only use the iGPU. I bought an RX580 for the build, so it's not a big deal, but it would be nice to figure it out. Out of curiosity, why do you list 0.5.9 as the preferred OpenCore rev? I'm wondering if it's safe to update to the latest and greatest to see if that fixes any minor issues or speeds up my boot.
Hi, 0.5.9 just works best for me with BT kext's. In first post you also have 0.6.0 that you can try and I will make and post 0.6.1 today.
Never tried to remove my RX580 as I use this system as my video editing machine so I don't see point to go to slower iGPU.

Motherboard
Z390I AORUS
CPU
i5 9600K
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
hi wonder if you get any problem with finalcut pro.
It just keep crashing
Hi, no I don't have any issue with FC but I am more using DaVinci resolve.

Motherboard
Z390I AORUS
CPU
i5 9600K
Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
I am now on the first full day of testing with my build and so far it looks promising. I had to make some changes to the plist for it to work but when it passed the online testing tool recommended by dortania, it also booted fine, I am using 0.6.0.

Also I think we are sometimes mixing the motherboards here. The thread is about the z390I which is the itx board so some things might differ if you have the bigger one.

One thing to note is that while I started off activating AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock as a workaround for the bios not having the cfg_lock option I found another post on reddit complementing gigabyte for great customer support so I sent them an email, asking if they could help us out with a cfg_lock option in the bios and the next day they sent me the f8g version with cfg_lock and after updating the bios and turning off cfg_lock I could also remove the AppleCpuPmCfgLock and AppleXcpmCfgLock tweaks.
f8c work's fine for me so I haven't try f8g. I happy it improved your system.