Contribute
Register

Success - Z370-HD3 i5-8600K - RX 580 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
Post #1 updated with OpenCore 0.6.4 EFI attached.
Your SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml seems to have 30 errors.....
Screenshot 2020-12-20 at 11.05.23 AM.png

Your SSDT-EC-USBX-DESKTOP.aml seems to have 30 errors.....
Interesting. I am using the "Prebuilt" SSDTs that are linked in the Dortania Guide <https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/coffee-lake.html#acpi> and didn't try to build a custom one. Those default SSDTs don't seem to have been updated in some time. That said, I have not seen any issues with it so far. The Guide suggest slower boot times with the defaults versions, and I didn't feel the need so far to work on creating custom ones.

Interesting. I am using the "Prebuilt" SSDTs that are linked in the Dortania Guide <https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Install-Guide/config.plist/coffee-lake.html#acpi> and didn't try to build a custom one. Those default SSDTs don't seem to have been updated in some time. That said, I have not seen any issues with it so far. The Guide suggest slower boot times with the defaults versions, and I didn't feel the need so far to work on creating custom ones.
These errors have to be corrected though.
Furthermore I tried your EFi on a same motherboard and the system could not boot.
If i remember correctly it had to do with lilu unloading or something

Last edited:
Here is an EFi for opencore 0.6.4 on a GA-Z370-HD3, i5-8400, no exteral GPU and no unlocked CFG in bios.
it was tested today with an 11.01 installation.

Cudos to agrajag for the original EFI.

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    11.5 MB · Views: 109
Here is an EFi for opencore 0.6.4 on a GA-Z370-HD3, i5-8400, no exteral GPU and no unlocked CFG in bios.
it was tested today with an 11.01 installation.
Are you using a later version of the BIOS than I am (F8)? I have not seen any issues with the real-time clock (RTC) but possibly with later BIOS versions the SSDT-AWAC is necessary? I think that the later BIOS versions are needed for series 9 CPUs, but since mine was quite stable now (early ones had issues), I have not changed it.

Are you using a later version of the BIOS than I am (F8)? I have not seen any issues with the real-time clock (RTC) but possibly with later BIOS versions the SSDT-AWAC is necessary? I think that the later BIOS versions are needed for series 9 CPUs, but since mine was quite stable now (early ones had issues), I have not changed it.
The BIOS is the F10 version.
THe system so far is stable..
There is only one problem... The display does not wake up after sleep ....
Trying to fix it .. but if you have any suggestions......

agrajag's Build: Z370-HD3 - i5-8600K - GTX 1060 RX 580
Hi, I have similar setup, the same CPU, GPU and Motherboard. But I have BCM94360CS2 WiFi/BT card, which is laggy and disconnecting all the time when I try to listen music. Do I need to do some adjustments on BIOS settings? I have OpenCore 0.6.4.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back