Contribute
Register

Success - Z370-HD3 i5-8600K - RX 580 Build

Status
Not open for further replies.
@spiderman1960 Still weird I think... It's hot...
I have 8700K and Noctua NH-D15 with lock to 550 Rpm in bios (for quiet) and my temps about 30-40 C deg in idle and 50-60 if i work. (capture it right now)

Снимок экрана 2019-12-23 в 0.36.30.png

My case is Fractal Design Define R6 and 3 cooler in this case have 500-600 rpm all time and this absolutely silent and I have normal temps.

Снимок экрана 2019-12-23 в 0.36.10.png

Our discussion is beyond the scope of this topic, so there’s we can stop to discuss it here...

Hi everybody,
the problem is resolved.
the pump is connected in chan fan2 instead of aio pump channel,
Thanks everybody

Do you still have High Sierra or have you tried to upgrade to Mojave or Catalina? Because I get an error regarding the afps when trying to install from installation flash drive.

GTX 1070 and Mojave or Catalina? Hah!
Yes i know everyone is wondering about this ... but there's a Russian YouTube video where the guy make's it work on the Mojave it's not sure thing but it works he uses German web site with link to NVidia Web drivers that run under Mojave.
Anyhow that's not the problem here, the problem is to make the GAZ370 HD3 Mobo run Catalina or Mojave boot from flash. It keeps giving me AFPS error ...

hi all, from the previous threads, there were issues with gigabyte bios F11 and F12..

on their website , they are now updated with F14b.. is it a stable release and should I upgrade it to the latest bios?
If I were you if everything works well I wouldn't update the BIOS

Just a note- post #1 has been updated with an OpenCore EFI

Update: OpenCore 0.62
There are not many examples of OpenCore EFIs for Z370 machines and I could not find any for the Z370-HD3 so I worked through the Dortania Guide and have created this one. I have been using it for a couple of days so it is tested but not too extensively yet. If I find issues I will update the EFI provided. So far i am using this with MacOS Catalina (10.15.7) and have not tried Big Sur. The reason for doing this is to have a path to upgrade to Big Sur when it is released.
If you want to try this there are a few things you will need to do before booting with it:
  1. add your own serial # in config.plist
  2. ... same for the SystemUUID
  3. either remove or adjust the USBMap.kext-- it is custom for my system (15 port limit)
  4. I use BIOS F8- it is possible other versions will have different settings
  5. I use an AMD RX 580 for graphics- will need to adjust if you are using something else
I did my testing with a USB stick for booting the EFI until I felt like it was working well, so left my main Clover EFI alone while testing and adding features.

HI @agrajag

Thanks for your Opencore EFI, i wasn't able to put my configuration to work with Big Sur
but with your EFI i was able to install Big Sur. I used Opencore 0.6.3

I have the same motherboard, the cpu is a i7 8700 and the GPU is a XFX AMD RX5700XT

the only changes i had to do was enable the Kernel Quirks DisableIOMapper because the ethernet connection was always going on and off, and i also had to add darkwake=0 to the boot-args because i was getting randoms black screens when rebooting or switching on the computer.

Thanks everyone, this is a awesome community !

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back